or Connect

Posts by Repurposes

Fixed, thanks ;)
Alright guys, here's the semi-final composition. (shitty cam, sorry!)         Followed your advice and kept it classic, with french cuff white shirt and white pocket square. And black shiny patent leather shoes.   The tie is dark navy-ish (purple tint), though I am thinking of exchanging it for one with almost the same color, but with flower patterns (knitted into the tie, almost unrecogniizable from an average distance) instead of those dotted...
Thanks, yes, I was thinking of solid rectangle buckles.   One quick question about about the tie, for educational purposes. Black normal size or slim? Or a dark one -- something that looks like this but a hint darker: http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/791956/. Are all of them equally good choices?   Socks, all black or can there bit some dark (fitting) color there? I guess the white pocket square eliminates all chances of matching the color to the socks.
Alright lads, to wrap it up:   Black suit, fitting decently, sleeves shortened, slim waistline. White french-cuff shirt. Black oxford shine shoes, black belt with solid buckle (right?).   Now, pocket square options: White, Purple, Black with purple dots, Red. Cufflinks: metallic or silk?   Just those two pieces to figure out and I'm game. What's your opinion guys?
Thank you for the advice. I am definitely not trolling.   I am now considering a french-cuff white shirt with cufflinks (that I have no idea about admittedly), and either a slim black tie or a very dark purple one. If I can find one, that is. If you got any other input guys, I'm all ears.
Thanks for all the input guys.  The dress code is 'dark clothes or other formal wear'. But it's a student event, so you will spot some blazers, and some joker dudes in bear and superman costumes.   Nevertheless. I got the black suit, I'm trying to find how to best maximize it's potential.  Do you think it's the best choice to stick to the same white shirt-black tie like everyone else (90%), or spice it up with a touch of color? Another...
What about with this tie? Would you wear this on a formal-semiformal event?
I guess I was thinking of something like this :  What do you think of the colors? (Admittedly his black suit is all the way black, mine is more the classic that tends to dark grey.)   The truth of the matter is, I am in no position financially to invest money in another suit. The black is a good quality one and it will do. Sometime within the year I will buy a decently fitting grey one, for the interviews and all that -- I am aware the black one is not the best...
Thank you very much for your input :)   I've already got a black suit, and I don't think that one gala warrants the purchase of a tuxedo. I wouldn't want to buy a polyester tuxedo for one night either, though I'm sure it is a valid choice in general.   It's a college gala, so people from 19 to 30 years old will be around as a rough estimate. Mostly students, so I doubt there will be much custom made suits or even tuxedos. From what I know, the tuxedo % of people...
Hey lads,   Long time lurker in need of direct advice, I present to you my problem :)   I am attending a student gala next month and, while it is considered a formal event (black-and-white), since it's a student thing I believe the general dressing level will be sub-par, with the occasional tux.   I've decided to go with a black suit, and I'm having trouble picking the shirt and tie.   Obviously white shirt and black tie is the most formal, yet also the...