or Connect

Posts by JOA

My aesthetic is, and always has been, classic Americana. Some call it Trad or Ivy or whatever label works at the time. I wear oxford cloth buttondowns from Brooks Brothers (including the Thom Browne Black Fleece), Lacoste polos, chinos, Sperry Topsiders, 501s (I still wear STF 501s but I have come to love Japanese denim in 501 cuts), real Indian-made Madras shirts, Jack Purcells, et al. I place a high value on USA-made goods (though this is getting tougher and tougher)...
Looks good, xchen. My NS are at about 3.5 months and I'm pretty much following the same method as you. Thanks for giving me some idea of what I can look forward to.
I somewhat agree with what you're getting at, but I think it's patch madras that's overdone. REAL madras--Made in India--is great and will last for years. That's the only type I'll buy. O'Connells in Buffalo has some great, authentic Bleeding Madras shirts (New Old Stock) that I've picked up recently. I guess what I'm saying is authenticity never goes out of style.
These are now available again. Seller didn't come through as promised.
Pics are great, Brutus! Thanks! My first pair of NS just hit 3 months of constant wear this past Saturday. I'm trying to hold out until early August before the first wash/soak.
Interesting topic. My answers are influenced by the fact that I dress in the Trad/Preppy/Ivy style, but I prefer modern cuts. So... 1. Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Oxfords...Great cut/fabric. Readily available. Not too expensive (particularly during 25% off sales). Built to last. 2. APC New Standard...Okay, they're my only "good" denim, but like the Oxfords mentioned above they are made from good fabric, easy to get, and have the right cut/"look" for me. 3. Sperry...
The Bean Blucher's aren't bad, but I'll stick with my Quoddy's. Just like the Bean Blucher's of old, IMO.
Sold, pending payment.
Forgot these measurements... Front Inseam: 11" Rear Inseam: 14" Thigh: 21" Sorry. JOA
NWT Measurements from Tobi are: 34" waist 18" knee 16" leg opening Based on that, I measure my sale pair as follows: 34.25" waist 18.5" knee 8.25" leg opening And, yes, they are still for sale...