or Connect

Posts by JOA

Quote: Originally Posted by xchen I was going to buy some J. Crew Officer's Chinos in black but shipping is $12.50. It pissed me off to the point where I just closed the window. Everytime I order from them I can't get over what a joke their shipping is. If you order from the little red phone they have inside the store, shipping is free. Didn't know if you knew this or not...
I have that tie, but mine is the navy base w/ white & green stripes. J. Crew ties are very underrated, IMO. They have great patterns and perfect widths. Price it right, too.
I've been trying to find that EG Chambray in a M but can't track one down. Any experts that can help? Thanks.
Wiru, details on the Buzz Rickson chinos? What model? I really want a pair...
Okay, these are not sold as the buyer didn't come through. $80 Shipped to whoever wants them. Remember, these are essentially brand new. My loss is your gain!
The Iron Heart's look good. I"ll be interested to see them post-wash. I'm looking forward to getting my pair back from Kiya (they're being hemmed/chainstitched).
MMJ--Evil Urges Justin Townes Earle--The Good Life Ryan Bingham--Mescalito Lots of old 50s-60s Soul
My aesthetic is, and always has been, classic Americana. Some call it Trad or Ivy or whatever label works at the time. I wear oxford cloth buttondowns from Brooks Brothers (including the Thom Browne Black Fleece), Lacoste polos, chinos, Sperry Topsiders, 501s (I still wear STF 501s but I have come to love Japanese denim in 501 cuts), real Indian-made Madras shirts, Jack Purcells, et al. I place a high value on USA-made goods (though this is getting tougher and tougher)...
Looks good, xchen. My NS are at about 3.5 months and I'm pretty much following the same method as you. Thanks for giving me some idea of what I can look forward to.
I somewhat agree with what you're getting at, but I think it's patch madras that's overdone. REAL madras--Made in India--is great and will last for years. That's the only type I'll buy. O'Connells in Buffalo has some great, authentic Bleeding Madras shirts (New Old Stock) that I've picked up recently. I guess what I'm saying is authenticity never goes out of style.