or Connect

Posts by ViroBono

Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing The Billingham company makes rather adventuresome, colonial type bags, which granted are geared towards cameras, but might work for general usage. http://www.billingham.co.uk/home.asp Billingham also make straightforward travel bags, which are similar in style to the camera bags but without the padding. They are rather less expensive than their bags, too, but only available from their website.
I always thought pancakes with real maple syrup was a Canadian thing - whenever I've had it in the US it's been with synthetic syrup. Simple cakes and pies are fairly universal, with regional specialities, such as British scones (nothing like the dire 'biscuit' things the Americans produce). Almost always, these things are better when homemade than shop-bought. Whilst the best pecan pie I ever had was made by my aunt in Tulsa, she was also responsible for one...
In the Copeland case, there was some (poor-quality) CCTV and other evidence from which a description was gained and this was the basis of determining who to interview. The PC/lefty types imagine that stop and search is a technique used by the police to harrass minority groups by stopping and searching them at random. The reality is different; the police have to follow rigid procedures, and individuals who are stopped have various rights. Specifically, an individual cannot...
I miss Belfast, and am trying to find a way to work a visit with the other half, so I can visit Clarke & Dawe again. My C&D shirts are still going strong too.
Esquire The idea that the bombings in London may have been carried out by right-wing extremists is risible - I doubt they would have either the contacts or expertise to carry out such an attack. It's worth noting that Copeland left the British National Party (successors to the National Front) because they were not extreme enough. Groups which are legitimate (if rather unsavoury) political parties such as the BNP are closely monitored. The more extreme groups such as...
Quote: Quote: (globetrotter @ July 09 2005,05:54) all we do know about the terrorists is that they are relativly young muslim men. if this is the only thread, that is what we should pursue, and we should do what ever it takes, even if it may be a little unpleasant to some innocent people, to get to the source. just two small concerns with this: this seems to be the same underlying logic for racial profiles. blacks commit more crime,...
Quote: Is that hatred I detect here? Not hatred at all, just a little light banter. In fact, I would rather Paris had got the Olympics, and all the expense and hassle that goes with it. Quote: I briefly heard that "sensitive language" had been used in the commentary of the battle's reenactment. Must have annoyed you to no end. Tony Bliar's PC brigade decided that it would be insensitive to celebrate the British victory at...
Quote: Yes, we get it that the French are a bunch of effeminate, smelly pricks. Which makes it all the more embarassing that you let them come over and defeat you in the Battle of Hastings, and effectivley rule your country. Its like that scene in Trainspotting where the scottish describe the English as Wankers, and say that makes it all the more embarassing that they were colonized by a bunch of Wankers. Possibly, but we got our own back at Crecy...
Globetrotter is right - you have to get the terrorist. I think that we in the UK have to lose a bit of the political correctness, too. 'Community leaders' are complaining in the media that it's not fair that young muslim men are stopped and searched, and the lefty brigade wring their hands about their rights. We need to be very clear with this section of the community; they will simply have to understand that until AQ starts recruiting elderly white Christian women, their...
Do you mean this type of thing? They are called Kilim slippers. Those above are from Pickett, and also available at Shipton & Heneage, and even direct from Turkey.