or Connect

Posts by ckgs

Skinny long armed guy here as well. Hugo Boss fits me perfect off the rack. While fit is most important, their quality is mediocre so I would avoid paying full price. I stalk the Nordstrom sales and have always been able to pick up one or two a year for around $200 a piece. Their annual sales tend to be best.
I just went through the same search, looking at that exact JCrew topcoat, and Bonobos among others.  I'm a skinny guy so the Brooks Brothers overcoats, in addition to being expensive, are way to big for me.    I ended up buying this online:   http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/grey-overcoat/J247.html?start=22&cgid=Coats   and can highly recommend.  Great cut, fit and wonderful soft fabric for not having cashmere.  It was my first purchase from them, but it appears...
Recommend looking at the fully canvassed Hickey Freeman suits.  For under $1000 you can have a great suit.  They have a sale going right now on their website with mainline suits going between $650-750.
The "Luxury" Dress shirts from BB don't have pockets.  They are quite nice ... much easier to find online than in the store.  I also wore one today, and these are by far my favorite type of BB shirt.  They are slightly slimmer, have no pocket, higher quality cloth and buttons, and a different placard under the button. If you stalk the sales for your size you can find them for around $75.   I actually have several of the made in the USA shirts and made in malaysia...
Brooks Brothers has nice dress belts for $100
Can't tell if serious, but, Hickey Freeman. Hart Schaffner Marx. Samuelsohn. Brooks Brothers. Etc.
"Ivory Incotex" back on Gilt again.  Glad I found this thread.
I have several mainline Hickey Freeman suits and have never experienced anything like this.  HF typically uses high quality fabrics.  I can understand your disappointment, it looks like the "micro pattern" fabric is not up to par.  Maybe HF will swap for a suit with a different fabric?
Hickey Freeman (diffusion) and Hickey Stores:  OffFifth, Nordstrom Rack Online shopping: Discount sites like Gilt, RueLaLa, STP, MyHabit Main SF thread: None (several threads on their shirts) Style: Traditional HF and modern HF Construction: Half Canvassed   Almost always under $500.  There are several on sale right now on MyHabit.
Don't knock them until you have tried them. They are very very comfortable and last for years. Some of their newer designs are much better looking IMO.