or Connect

Posts by Nakedsnake

Care to comment on how it fits and all that? And for those asking, I think END was carrying it, but its somewhat sold out and they don't ship outside of UK anymore (in regards to barbour jackets).
Anyone here pick up the new tweed commander jacket?   Wondering if anyone can comment on how it fits compared to the waxed cotton commander. I have the latter and want to buy the former, but can't really try it on before buying, and return shipping is always a hassle internationally. One source told me it fits the exact same, another told me its thicker, and cut a bit smaller, and it's almost mandatory to size up from the cotton commander. So really, i'm at square one.
@zissou, please keep us updated on your thoughts on the jacket once you get it and start to wear it more. I am still strongly considering the field jacket (m-65) as I need a military jacket in my wardrobe and I really like this one. The price is high, but my main concern is the polarizing reviews on here. Some people love it and say its great, but it seems a lot of the long term reviews say the fabric isn't all that its supposed to be, and loses its qualities before too...
Does anyone here have the Homespun expedition jacket? I am looking for more info about the weight of it, and the fit. Tough to get proper measurements, as it seems every site I see that carries it has difference measurements for sizes large and XL. I am trying to get my hands on one, but I doubt it would fit me properly.
Up for sale is my pair of LF greaser jeans. These jeans are awesome, very heavy, and very well made. I sized up in order to fit my thighs, and my that worked, the waist is simply too large for my liking. It bunches up like crazy on me, so i've got to let these go. These are the nicest jean i've ever handled, so i'm sad they didn't work out.   These were cold soaked once, but nothing else has been done to them. It didn't really affect the measurements of them at all....
Up for sale is a pair of gently used AE Dalton boots, size 12D. I have worn these about a dozen times. They are great boots, and I really do enjoy them, however, i've since realized (sadly) that I am more of a 12D+/12E than a 12D. These are just a touch too narrow for me.   These have had a topy applied to them by a local cobbler who, in my opinion, did a good job of it. They have always been well cared for and always stored with shoe trees. Again, these are in great...
About to place my first order for a pair of chinos and a pair of jeans from luxire (as well as a sky blue oxford by brembana). Would just like to know if there are any tips/pieces of advice I should follow? I am going to be taking the measurements off a pair of Outlier NYCO slims, which fit me really well after some alterations. Just trying to go for a simple chino like the Epaulet rivet chino, without the taped inseam, and with a much higher rise (have to save the boys). ...
  @ceoceo, care to give us another update on your jacket here? Is it still losing most of its properties and aging fairly rapidly?
@cardiffrover and @emptym, Thats for the feedback and info. Appreciate it. I would have never thought to have all of the trimmings pre-washed.
Hey, thanks for the link. Those actually look really close to what I am after. I searched the tweeds from Luxire before posting but must have overlooked that fabric. Any chance you have some fit pics, or just pics in general? And for washing, I am really only planning on hand washing them a few times a year, if that, which I think they would be able to hold up to. Especially that 545 gm tweed. If worse comes to worse I can dry clean, i'd just much prefer not to. And these...