or Connect

Posts by Nakedsnake

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it. Sadly, I called, and they told me they're all sold out now. Summer sale, most of their barbours are on sale. Only ship within Canada though, for interested American parties.
Up for sale is my Barbour Standen jacket, Olive Color, Size Large. It does come with a detachable hood. It is used, I have worn the coat about 5 times. Its in great condition, like new. Only reason i'm selling is that since I got it, I purchased a Beaufort and a Commander, and so I don't need 3 coats of the same weight all from Barbour.   This is a great coat for milder to cooler weather. Any questions or offers, just send me a PM. I can provide actual photos, as well as...
Also, anyone with a Shordace care to comment on how much they (dis)like having the coat? Any feedback would be great, as i'm considering picking one up.
Anyone know of where I can find a Barbour Dept. B Field Jacket, size L? Would like it to be in North America if possible.
Just found this. 10 ply sweater sounds up my alley. It was colder than Mars (literally) last winter where I live. Should be in the UK this winter, and i'll check out your store if I can.   Edit: Damn, everything on your site looks amazing. Great work over there. Simplicity done really, really well. Might have to pick up another job...
Wondering if I could get some sizing advice.   Looking at the indigo wool chore coat. I am 6'4, 205lb, with a 40" chest, and I have long arms. I am not sure if I should be going for a size L or a size XL. As people have stated, they seem on the shorter side. I'm not looking for a super slim shirt like fit, as I want to be able to layer shirts and light sweaters underneath, but don't want it to be huge either. (if anyone has a barbour commander, I want it to fit exactly...
 I was referring to your thoughts on that one specific model. Again, I meant nothing negative with that comment, and it was not an act of obloquy. Sorry if it was seen as that. I can respect preferring black. Why would you prefer black? Do you prefer more dark/monochrome color patterns normally? I've never own navy shoes or boots, so my opinions on color matching should be taken with a grain of salt I guess. I can't say how well it would be worked into my wardrobe, as I...
Trying too hard to make nice shoes? I don't mean this in a negative or disrespectful way at all (I know tone can often be lost when text is the form of communique), but I think that black would look much worse here. I think brown is the only color that would work so well. It lends to the somewhat casual nature of navy scotch grain.
 Thanks. I'll try and see if I can try them on first. Any particular reason it didnt work for you? Thanks for the tip, and the sizing advice. This is actually where I was thinking I would order from. Can someone comment on the 325 last in general? Is it fairly TTS, or does it run a little narrow/wide?
Wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I am thinking about picking up a pair of Coniston boots (these would be my first C&J's), and just have a few questions:   How does the grain leather hold up to solid wear and age? I am assuming fairly well, but just curious to hear from owners. I was originally looking at Alden shell cordovan cap to boots, but the coniston really has a great eye, and is luring me away from Alden.    Where is a good place to buy them? I...