or Connect

Posts by NYDRH

Yeah the purple turned out better than I expected and I had a high expectations in my head. The fabric is awesome, texture and the way it hangs it's really well done.  Mohair creates such a crisp line, really makes a difference. Sometimes I feel like I can imagine these things in my minds eye but usually I find it more difficult and I'm often extremely impressed to see finished suits that I want and I would have totally skipped from the swatch alone. One memorable example...
I thought the texture looked familiar, but I don't recall the green most likely because the purple was that awesome. Very cool.
Slick looking green, very modern, its never been a color Ive ever considered personally but looks very nice here.  How is the Silk/Mohair combo, is it a super lightweight summer fabric?
It is very helpful to see the samples you have made up and to get your opinions on the fabrics.  The seersucker suit you made this summer is on my list for next year, pretty much because I saw it and it is amazing otherwise I doubt I would have given it a second look in a swatch book.  I like seeing a full garment as I don't always have the ability to know what a suit will look like in my mind's eye from a cloth sample.  Sometimes I love the way a swatch looks but I know...
I think there are a lot of options to ameliorate the situation, what they choose to do is another story.  And Im sure there are many more that I am not aware of as retail is not my expertise.  My point was that retailers are in the business of serving customers they are not just middlemen, there is a reason they get paid.  They have chosen to sell this product and service the clientele and if they dont stand behind the product something is wrong. My personal opinion, off...
I would disagree with your logic here although I can understand wanting to avoid public shaming.  This is one of the reasons that retailers exist, they are not just a pass through, they are there to provide customer service. It is an unfortunate situation and really not fair to you as the customer or anyone who has experienced this result. I would be very disappointed with those as well as the the responses (or lack thereof) you have received. 
Sounds like you got screwed.  I would say the USPS/Canada Post owes you some money but I cant imagine that will be easy to accomplish.   The only time Ive done it (a couple of months ago) it worked out no issues - I wrote returned goods 20x all over the forms lol.  Returned goods should never be hit with fees but who knows what happens in that vortex.
I've never owned or ordered Bonafe but most of the StC examples I have seen do not appear to be stitched through the Dianite and are most likely glued, please correct me if I am wrong as I am no expert on technique.  I do recall someone mentioning that Vass will do a complete sole stitch if requested.
The seconds price isnt as compelling a deal as it used to be, but it is invaluable for finding a rare model that you would otherwise be unable to find elsewhere no matter the price that said I have bought many pairs where I was unable to find the defect so it can be great.  I think your first through 18th instinct is right, $500 for something you arent satisfied with would be better served spending the additional cash and getting a first quality product.  Or if you are...