or Connect

Posts by Onur Aybar

SOLD.
Also, this is just the jacket. Not a full suit.
Great topic!   Let's see, I generally have a uniform for each season. Summer consists of polo shirt or lightweight washed oxford style shirts with slimmer Bermuda style shorts. Fall is usually a lightweight cotton sweater with jeans. Lambswool or merino wool sweaters with jeans or corduroys for winter. Layer in the occasional oxford style shirt in a normal weight cotton. Spring is sort of a toss up, I wear whatever the bi-polar Maryland weather allows that day. Light...
Brand new 39R Double Vent J.Crew Italian Chino Ludlow Suit Jacket in wheat. Still in the original garment bag with tags. Never worn.   I was fortunate enough to have the team at J. Crew put this jacket into production for me as they only offered the 39R center vent in this particular color in 2013, and I really preferred the single vent. I never got around to getting it tailored and it's just been in my closet ever since. It's brand new exactly as it was shipped directly...
I kept both pairs of pants as they ended up being pretty versatile overall.   The classic cut is more like a "boot cut" and is a lot looser than the slim, a lot. It's barely tapered. I am a 33x31 and 31" isn't available at J.Crew so I ordered the 32" and had them hemmed an inch. I wear them with suede MacAlister boots for a laid back look. They definitely look funny when worn with more traditional dress shoes because the lack of tapering creates a slight flared look....
Update, I just ordered both pairs. I'll compare and share when they arrive, post tailoring (if I even need it).
Hello everyone. My name is Onur. I came across the forum recently and joined. I work in advertising and have been around the fashion and beauty industry for a while on the creative end of the business. Mostly working on advertising but as of late I've been designing products and working on general operations for a skincare brand based in California.   I'm looking forward to learning more about fashion and getting to know everyone here!
I'm finally getting around to ordering the Ludlow suit and am torn between which fit to purchase the pants in. I definitely prefer a slimmer fit so I am leaning towards the slim suit pant (hemmed), but I'm wondering how the slim vs classic compare in their suiting.   I own a few pairs of their Bowery pants in both classic and urban slim fit and I was going to purchase a slim fit based on my preference between the two, but I'm just not sure how they cut their suit...