or Connect

Posts by Bungle

From my wedding in November. In hindsight a darker grey tie would've been nice but from memory I couldn't find any charcoal grenadine on Kent Wang or Hober at the time. Did I do ok?     Oh and I felt like a muppet and re-tied my tie after I realised it was too long and poking out the bottom :(
As in, the suit as a three-piece? I must admit, I did feel damn good in a three piece suit. I guess I'll leave it to the weather, it could still be quite warm then.
 I have a pair of black derbies, although I wore this suit (albeit as a three piece suit with matching waistcoat, white shirt, mid grey grenadine tie, white PS and black shoes) to my own wedding. I don't quite have the budget for a new suit right now, so I was planning on using only the jacket and trousers and changing everything else. There was only one couple at my wedding that will be at this next wedding, so it's probably not likely to be noticed. To be honest, I'd...
I've got a wedding coming up and I was going to wear a grey suit (it's a bit on the lighter side) with dark brown shoes and a light blue shirt. I currently have a red tie I've not worn yet, but I'm not convinced it'll work. This is it with my pocket squares http://i.imgur.com/tjZIRcs.jpg which look a bit too warm due to shoddy lighting (the flash made it worse). Do you think any of these would work?   If not, I've been thinking of ordering some more ties and pocket...
I do have black shoes as well as a grey suit. I just recently bought a pair of dark brown shoes and have never worn brown shoes with a suit before. Thanks for the help!
Has anybody here tried Mason Avenue shoes from David Jones? Google hasn't brought up anything. I bought a pair of dark brown derbies, with leather soles, etc on sale for $62 (didn't come with a box). I thought for the price they can't be too bad, especially since I'll only wear them a few times a year.   Pic http://i.imgur.com/wZ3DMfr.jpg
So if I'm wearing a charcoal suit with brown shoes and beltless trousers, what colour suspenders would be best? I only have a black pair of the clip-on type at the moment so I'd like to invest in some proper button on suspenders. Thank you in advance!
Well as luck would have it, the wife and I decided to go to Birkenhead Point today and I they had a David Jones there. I wasn't even really looking for shoes but scored a set of dark brown plain toe derbys with leather soles reduced from $170 to $62 because they didn't have the box for them. They're Mason Avenue, which I've never heard of before but I'm only going to wear them 3-4 times a year at the most. I know most people will say I should've got oxfords, but I...
I'm in Australia and a quick googling shows that Allen Edmonds aren't stocked in stores here, which is a bit rough. But I'll keep at it!The suit is the only pair of trousers I own with side tabs and I love them. I can wear them all day with braces in case they decide to sag and they are delightful. I wish all my trousers had them!
 The only suit I own now (that's worth wearing) is a pick and pick made of black and white threads, so it looks like a medium grey. I was planning on getting a new suit in the near future, most likely in a plain charcoal but possibly in a herringbone or glenplaid if I'm feeling adventurous at the time. Also, if it's of any importance the suit I have now has side tabs instead of belt loops. The next suit I get will be the same. I figured grey suit -> white shirt ->...