or Connect

Posts by Subutai

I'm just going to let you monologue 
 Also, try the quote function as your responses will be put into context
GYW Gilmore,    I appreciate the info as I'm still on the fence about these and considering picking up a pair....but you've resurrected this thread and are now lighting it up as a one man show! Can I ask after your background? How deep is your product knowledge? Are you involved with the production or marketing of the Ludlow line? 
AE seconds can be hit or miss, but they're usually just fine.    For a little more security, you can wait a few days for AE's factory seconds sale. You'll be able to get 2 shoes foes $250. If you're unhappy with them, you can always return. 
 Excellent PTB's! Happy New Year!!
For those of you considering the Long Branches, I wanted to recommend them and share a couple of quick pics.   I use these boots for almost anything but the worst snow. They clean up beautifully. Below are two shots so you can see how much wear they get and how they clean up    
I may be misunderstanding your question, but neither necessarily runs larger. The PA (5 last) is quite narrow. I size up a width.I find the 1 last to run TTS
Shell Leeds are true classics. But im a sucker for a shell ptb
 As Mdubs and Cold Iron mentioned a few pages ago, it's usually unnecessary to change sizes for shell vs calf. The fit might be slightly different, but I'll add my voice to the many who has plenty who keeps consistent sizing. The 5 Last is generally the most narrow that AE offers. With the 5, some people go down a (1/2) size and up a width. Simply going down a size might make the shoes too narrow. It's actually interesting that you sized down for the Kenilworth as compared...
 There are so many more qualified people on here to answer this question. Since I'm up, however, I'll provide an initial response. The first model you are referring to seems to have a 270 degree flat welt (thus the closed heel) whereas the second has a 360 degree split-reverse welt.  Generally, the 270 degree flat welt is a bit sleeker and, as you mentioned, more formal. The 360 split-reverse is certainly more casual. Different Alden retailers have different special make...