or Connect

Posts by gringodaddy

Tie is linen
Yes, that would be about the time frame for my most recent purchased one.  better than handful I had bought earlier, and also .25" wider.  so a better knot.  but if i were to buy anymore grenadines (I'm debating) I'd buy a Hober prometeo to have all three weaves.  I like the grossa better anyway.
I actually have a harder time getting a good knot out of Chipp grenadine tie's then I do others that I own.  I bought a few a few years ago that are downright flimsy.  I bought another just last year that feels like it has a thicker lining and that one is ok.  The rest I got rid of.  I asked him if they changed anything and he said no, but handling the more recent one vs the older it was obviously thicker and heavier.
I'm new to the thread and it seems a lot of posters here really have no idea what they want to accomplish and even less of an idea about how to go about it if they do. Like anything else, you need to figure out what you want, develop a plan and a timeline, and commit to it. And ignore all the background noise, advice, etc unless you're paying for it.
Hey all: sorry to be off topic. Is this fresco, or sharkskin? Fabric is kind of coarse and "dry"
^^ That's a lot of weight to push. My right shoulder (separated when I was 19) gets cranky with anything heavier than 275 for reps (or it did last time I tried).
In the spirit of the thread I did some barbell work today for this first time since last summer.  Just flat bench worked up to 225 x 8 then drop set down to failure.  Superset with dumbell rows and jumped rope in between sets. 
Yes, I have no issues with the wrinkling after a day of wear.  You mentioned though, that you were going to wear that suit one more time before it went in for a pressing, implying that you had worn it at least once prior to today (or at least that is what I presumed).  It looked remarkably wrinkle free.  How do you get the wrinkles to fall out if you are wearing it more than once between dry cleaning cycles?
Is that suit all linen? What do you do to remove wrinkles between wearings? My linen jackets fair ok (maybe because partially lined), but after a days wear my linen pants look like I slept in them.