or Connect

Posts by mavrik13

Hi,   Couple of questions. Found your site through Styleforum, and am looking for a suit. I'm someone who enjoys quality, but always searching for a bargain... ;) The suits that I have had in the past are 42T, as I'm 6'5". However, I take a 38" waist and have rather large thighs (~26.5") which make buying suits OTR difficult. I know at this point that tailoring is a necessity, and am willing to spend some money on that. I   The two suits I've been eyeing up...
 They are very casual. If you're looking for a casual shoe, they will be great. I would have bought a pair if they had some in my size. IIRC, they run a little large.
 I did ask the associate to take a look. The pair of burgundy cliftons came from the associates store. The Elgin's came from the warehouse - who apparently told the associate 'they looked good'. 
Received my seconds 2/250 on Friday, just had a chance to open them today.   The Burgundy Cliftons are excellent - a couple minor imperfections making them seconds, but certainly worth keeping.   The Elgin's are a much tougher decision. My gut reaction when I opened the box was to return them - however, after spending a couple hours when them on my feet, I think I can live with the imperfections. They are 'the worst' seconds quality shoes I have received from AE to...
 I have a black delray from back when they were selling them (seconds) for $129. Great, versatile shoe. Wish mine were brown instead of black - I'd wear them a lot more. Hard to go wrong at that price!
 I use this: http://zelikovitz.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4344&category_id=247&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53When I need to stretch out a baby toe, I find a shoe stretcher works wonders. I'm sure there are other options available as well. I'd look for one that has lots of 'hole' options for where to put the plastic bit for stretching in a particular area - if that makes any sense... those who have shoe stretchers...
The pic isn't mine, I found it on the web. That being said, I will be putting a Topy on mine as I do with all my shoes. I do a ton of walking on concrete, and I also work in a hospital where leather soled shoes are not the greatest idea.
Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer. Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown...
Have a black pair from when they had seconds for $129. Don't wear them often because they are black, but when I do, I find them comfortable. I like the style, and fits my foot well (albiet maybe a tad too big, but those of us in Canada can't afford the shipping fees for minor details - plus very few shoes come in 12.5 so I settle for 13). Would certainly recommend them. I'd imagine the Chili colour would be nice too.