or Connect

Posts by ww21943

Hello gents, Some may recall I ordered a pair of AE Clifton seconds from the shoebank, my first time ordering seconds, and received a pair with a rather large gouge on the cap. I called AE and received a return label by email. Even before I sent the shoes back for an exchange they sent out another pair for me. I was assured these would be checked first. I recieved my exchange today and I couldn't be happier! The shoes look great. The only defect I can find is some light...
I ordered my first pair of AE seconds. Here is a picture of the defect. It's pretty deep. I'm guessing this should be exchanged for another pair. I'm not expecting perfect, but I don't think this could be covered up of would happen with normal wear.
I know you were looking to try the shoes on but if you are fairly certain you need an E width you can exchange your shoes and have them send the size they don't carry to your home. That's what I did.
I think archibaldleach gave you great advice!
I just ordered a pair from the shoe bank. They were $199. I'll report back when they come in. Great phone service as others on here have attested to!
Wish I knew! I really want to get a pair in Burnished Burgundy before September. I don't have a Rack near by. Does anybody know of any other upcoming sales?
Great. Thanks for the fast reply!
Sitting here at my desk and I noticed this. Is this a defect or normal?
Darn, AE Clifton isn't included in the anniversary sale :( http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/allen-edmonds-clifton-oxford/3559134?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=BLACK&resultback=716&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_4_C
Having only started buying and wearing fine men's clothes and shoes almost two years ago I can say Nordstrom is hardly a big box store. I can't stand the lack of customer service and personal attention at a store like Macys anymore. I would say my shoe shopping experiences at Nordstrom have been on par with my experience at Brooks Brothers. Granted I only deal with the same SA who has been with BB since the 80's and is one of the top sellers in the nation. I shop...