or Connect

Posts by ww21943

Makes sense. If you go that route please post pictures and your impressions. I need a couple more suits and price is a concern right now.
I think I just confused MTM with MTO. I would say it depends on the fabric. The essentials line uses its own wool mix. If you are able to specify 100% wool it may be worth it. It just seems that with a F&F sale you can pick up a 1818 suit for about the same money.
I didn't know they offered MTM in the essentials line. I would imagine it's produced overseas with rest of the essentials line. Where did you hear about this? In store or the BB web site?
I bought a pair of AE Clifton's in Burnished Burgundy. The AE website recommend Merlot.
Haha. I love him in Marty and The Poseidon Adventure. Back to the factory video. I thought it was really neat how the cork is applied like a paste and spread out. I'm sure the factory is running very much the same way today.
I was going to post this in the apperciation thread but thought it would get lost. Ernest Borgnine visits the Allen Edmonds factory in the early 1990s. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4u8veLezCZM
Thanks for the reply Jay! I guess I'll just live with it and take care of them the best I can. I have 3 other pairs that this didn't happen to and I certainly don't keep me feet flat and still while sitting! I guess I need to be more aware if how I might be bending my shoes from now on.Other then that I really like them. I knew they would fast become my favorite pair.
Another shot
Hello gents, This was the first day I wore my AE burnished burgundy Clifton's. I really don't like to nitpick and I know shoes will crease but I wanted to get your opinions on this. I'm fairly certain the shoes aren't too long. My big toe is maybe half inch from the tip of the cap. I went with a D width which fits snug but not tight. E would be way to big in the heal and sides. I put shoe trees in as soon as I got the shoes 2 weeks ago. Should I have waited until I wore...
Hello gents, I was at Nordstrom today buying shoe trees and I purchased AE shoe polish for my new burnished burgundy Clifton's. The SA recommended "Chili" color polish. What do you all think? Does that work best with these shoes? I posted pictures several post back.