or Connect

Posts by VMan

I'm the seller so I'll keep my reply neutral. It's the 'Drop 9' model - cut quite slim through the waist - this model also tends to be paired with bolder fabrics and design details (broad lapels, five button cuffs, MOP buttons, patch pockets). Think Tom Ford or RLPL on a budget. Quality is what you'd expect for the retail price - full-canvas construction and nice fabric. I'm happy to work out a SF member discount!
For sale is a pair of Howard Yount wool trousers. Very nice quality, entirely made in Italy. Medium gray birdseye/nailhead Tasmanian wool fabric. Trimmer modern cut, but not tight-fit like some of the Inco/Mabitex models. $149 shipped within the US, will send international at actual cost. Euro size 54: Waist - 37" + 1" Inseam - 36.5" Front rise - 11" Hem - 8.25" flat
I was the seller of the original suit in question and would like to clarify a few points in case anyone searches this topic. Note the gray sleeve tag - that was a very current 2012 model and purchased from the Gilt sale. I'm not certain if that batch of suits had been a special-order for Gilt, but they featured a more fashion-forward cut than typically seen on Belvest. Jetted hip pockets, very slim torso with short jacket length, broader lapels, and narrow trouser legs....
For sale is an IWC Portofino Automatic with white enamel dial in the 34mm size. Comes on the original IWC leather strap. Very good condition, but note there is one small ding on the left side of the case (see photo #7 - not highly visible when worn. I didn't notice it at first). Includes papers and warranty card. Shipping within the US is included in the price. Was $1495 shipped, now $1345 shipped. NOW $1200 shipped, final drop
I'm the seller of that suit - it's a made-to-measure piece that the consignor commissioned about 3 years ago, so I wouldn't consider it an older model.
They have about 2" of material inside the waistband that can be let out as needed. Always happy to work out a deal, just send me a message.
Here is some info to clarify. Oxxford now has two lines - 'Highest Quality' and '1220', and there are different models within each line. Both use full-canvas construction. However, the HQ line features more handwork, hand-padded lapels, and premium fabrics (140s and up). Retail on the 1220 suits is around $2500 for basic fabrics, up to around $3000 for special fabrics. The HQ line starts at around $4000 and goes up to $5000 or more for top-end fabrics. Most of the...
Yes, they are all real. Hermes uses the larger-style label on the knit/heavy twill/special ties.
12 or 15 years ago, when I lived at home, I always had a few aquariums going at a time - community tank, cichlid tank, predator tank with clown knives and large cats. Three years back I caught the bug again and bought a 72 gallon bowfront full getup...don't know what I was thinking. Never set it up as I was still moving around a lot and didn't want to deal w/ the hassle of taking it down every time I moved. Just came across this a few weeks back and got...