or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Since "Anna Karenina" has appeared in this thread and since this thread is wandering all up and down the whole creation, there are signs posted at Union Station in Los Angeles on the off chance that someone wants to impersonate Anna Karenina there (although if they only speak Russian they won't be able to read these signs).
We've all probably heard about the back stairs, but what about the black stairs? The black stairs and I.  Brooks Brothers jacket, yellow OCBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, Trafalgar alligator belt, Orvis cord trousers, Allen-Edmonds shoes, and showing (once again) that I can tie my tie so that the ends end up close to being where they're supposed to be....... ...the piece of a person picture (so everyone can see the little elephants on my...
Wore my walnut Lombards (similar to Players but with Poiron insoles and rubber heels and soles) today.......
Earlier today, serendipity....... Didn't notice until I looked at the picture before posting it.  In the foreground Southern California Trad style (making a political statement) and in the background, Southern California Show Business style (beard, backpack, black sport jacket, skinny jeans, boots, and smoking a cigarette).
California is the real "New England".  In 1579, Sir Francis Drake landed near what is now San Francisco and named the land that he claimed for Queen Elizabeth I, "Nova Albion.   41 years later, in 1620, a group of regicidal maniac witch burning Roundheads who were aiming for Virginia but missed landed near Cape Cod and as time went by, decided to call their part of the world "New England".   None of their colonies or cities are named after kings and queens of England...
@lobster 33 By "Los Angeles store" do you mean the Allen-Edmonds store in the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa in Orange County?
My Queen's Birthday Suit...... Brooks Brothers Marks & Sparks era silk jacket, yellow OCBD shirt. and (almost) regimental tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, Perry Ellis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.... ...the piece of a person picture (which for some reason is the only picture that some people post) showing some of the details..... .....and for those who still want more details, a picture showing that both the jacket and the trousers have an orange windowpane...
An interesting option for those who, like Lobster 33, have all sorts of color variations in their $400.00 Allen-Edmonds shoes might be to imagine that their shoes are $1500.00 Museum Calf shoes from other shoe manufacturers rather than $400.00 shoes from Allen-Edmonds.People (even people who work in shops that sell $1500.00 shoes) sometime think that my Allen-Edmonds shoes are $1500.00 shoes.http://www.styleforum.net/t/383441/museum-calf-appreciation-thread 
Since the picture doesn't have to be from this week, here's Lenin, Miss Mao, and I on the corner of 4th and La Brea in Los Angeles around two years ago. As I have mentioned before, if I win the Friday Challenge part of the challenge will be that the picture has to be taken somewhere outside on the street to prove that the entrant actually left his house wearing his entry. For those who want more details about Lenin on La Brea in Los...
As @aero25 mentioned something about today being "tavish Tuesday" (it's also Election Day in California) here's a picture at my Poling Place after I voted and wearing my khaki grain McTavishes......