or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Not sure how "out there" my MTO was.  I got two out of five, one of which is being corrected.  I got the black Danite sole and the brass eyelets, but I didn't get the Poiron insole or the brown welt and stitching.  I might now have the only tan shoes with black welts and stitching.  I hope that none of my Irish friends notice my black and tan shoes.  I didn't get flat shoelaces, but they are being sent to me.
My comment was based on three out of three of the last three MTOs posted on this thread were not quite right.  Although I have decided to keep mine, the other two posters might send theirs back.Have all of your MTOs been the same as what you ordered?
Based on the number of posts here about MTO's that aren't quite right, one might wonder why part of the "Final Inspection" does not including inspecting the shoes to make sure that they are the same as what was ordered.  There must be something very wrong with the MTO's that fail their "Final Inspection".
I kept my McGillicuddy MTOs that arrived on Wednesday, even though the Poiron Insole and Flat Laces didn't happen and the stitching and the split reverse welt was black rather than brown (at least brown and black start with the same letter, it's only an 80% mistake).  Allison is sending some Flat Laces, so that's taken care of. MTOs are probably like relationships, one shouldn't expect too much.  I had originally wanted Walnut Grain Calf, but there was a problem cutting...
Allen-Edmonds MTO McWhatevers.  I thought they were McAllisters, but in the MTO thread, someone thought that they were McTavishes, so I have decided to call them McGillicuddys (Lucy Ricardo's maiden name). They are Horween English Tan Dublin Leather with brass eyelets and black Dainite soles......
Good Questions.... "Will I Keep Them?" Yes, I will. "Why Not McTavish?" I originally ordered Walnut Grain Calf McAllisters.  Allison called me and said that there was a problem cutting the uppers and there was no more Walnut Grain Calf Left.  Allison sent me a sample of Chili Grain Calf.  I thought that the color was too close to my Cognac Dublin Leather Ridgeways.  I then asked Allison if the shoes could be made from either American Bison or English Tan Dublin...
The MTO English Tan Dublin Leather McAllisters arrived today....... McAllister Horween English Tan Dublin Leather (cow that is processed the same way as horse) Brass Eyelets Brown Split Reverse Welt Brown Stitching Black Danite Soles Poiron Insoles (for some reason, this didn't happen) Flat Shoe Laces (for some reason, this also didn't happen) The pictures don't show all the weird and wonderful variations in Horween Dublin Leather.  I am wearing them now and watching...
Tan Suede Strandmoks and Brogue Suede Strands.  Suede usually doesn't crease much, but the white Gumite soles on the Strandmoks wear down much quicker than the Danite soles on the Strands..... 
I have always looked this way.......
Not a picture from 2014, but a picture in the living room on Christmas Eve 2012, before taking off my smoking jacket and putting on my suit jacket to go the the Festival Of Nine Lessons And Carols.  I don't wear a suit jacket in the house.   It's sometimes cold in the winter, so I wear the smoking jacket in the house until I put my suit jacket on to go out.  (Some people have suggested that I might try closing the windows instead when it's cold, but I don't like being...