or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Whilst on the subject of Cary Grant films, don't forget to watch "Gunga Din" to get some hints about shopping for genuine Bleeding Madras....
As always, thanks awfully to everyone who likes my pictures and, as always, thanks to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures.  I always enjoy seeing what everyone else is wearing. For fans of American Arts & Crafts, here I am sitting in the Greene & Greene designed Oaklawn Waiting Shed in South Pasadena CA, where people once waited for the Pacific Electric cars to take them downtown. Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, blue and white University stripe OCBD...
Waiting for lunch, wearing a Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and blue and white University stripe OCBD shirt, Land's End tie, old (55%-45% Made In Scotland) Viyella sweater vest, and a generic Italian silk pocket square.....
Crosspost from the Friday Challenge (Knit Tie) thread...... Seeing my local politician and wearing a Brooks Brothers Madras jacket and ecru PPBD shirt, Roosterknit knit tie, Squarextraordinaire ecru pocket square, Orvis trousers, white socks (yes, white socks), and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks.......
Seeing my local politician and wearing a Brooks Brothers Madras jacket and ecru PPBD shirt, Roosterknit knit tie, Squarextraordinaire ecru pocket square, Orvis trousers, white socks (yes, white socks), and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks.......
I met a peacock last summer.........
As you requested, here's the picture that I originally posted in February..............and (although these are not Allen-Edmonds shoes) here's the Styleforum gallery that Cleav (who lives in the UK) posted of his shoes and his shoe closet:http://www.styleforum.net/g/a/620977/cleavs-shoes/
The Snuff Suede Neumok seconds (with Oil Impregnated Soles) arrived from The Shoebank today.  They came with a pair of tan laces and a pair of green laces.  I am going to get a pair of laces (from someplace other than Allen-Edmonds) as close as possible to the color of the shoes. I took then out of the box, laced them up, and walked to the park, took a picture in the sunlight (standing on the grass at the park) and then walked back home.  I noticed that the right shoe...
Thank you.  I worked for the Santa Fe Railway until April 30th 1971, when the previously unimaginable horror of Amtrak descended on the American People at midnight (EST) and most trains stopped running and most of the jobs were abolished.Here's a recent picture standing in front of the now abandoned Ticket Concourse at what we used to call Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.  All the people who sold tickets at all those ticket windows lost their jobs when the Amtwits (in...
As always, thanks to everyone who likes my pictures and even more thanks to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves.   Following up on my last post, here's a picture showing how someone who is 5'6" tall and 68 years old can use an Albert knot and get a tie to come out nearly the right length and not have to do any tail-tucking.  The tie is a Brooks Brothers silk Grenadine tie that I got before the internet was invented, so I had never heard...