or Connect

Posts by Roycru

But they're not made from reindeer, so I don't get it.   
While on the subject of black patent leather pumps, just put my pair on and took a picture of them.  They are Allen-Edmonds Ritz, which A-E no longer makes. Whatever one might think of black patent leather pumps, at least you don't have to worry about them coming untied and wearing black patent leather pumps is much better than those silly twits who wear velvet Albert slippers with their dinner jackets anyplace (except in their own houses). Also have a pair of black...
Might have discovered the place where skateboards go to die but have definitely discovered how to tie my tie so that it ends up near the right place and the back tail isn't longer than the front tail.  Having the back tail longer than the front tail is probably the boy version of a girl having her slip showing. Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue PPBD shirt, Ancient Madder tie, and belt,  generic (Made in England) silk pocket square, Banana Republic cotton linen blend grey...
@Scbrown, if you want a hat like @Tibor is wearing, you can get one from Engel Hatters.  Here's a link to their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/engelhatters/
It probably was wool velvet.  Velvet also comes in silk velvet and cashmere velvet.  As well as being made in solid colors, velvet is also made in patterns, often plaids or paisleys.  Cotton velvet is the least likely to be eaten by any of those hard to see things that fly around in closets looking for something to eat.
There is wool velvet.  The heavier grades are used in upholstery.  Around 35 years, some of the upholstery in the Meurice Hotel in Paris was wool velvet, and my younger brother apparently was allergic to it, which I thought was much funnier than he did.If you are ever near a fabric shop, go in and take a look at wool velvet and you'll see the difference between wool and cotton velvet.
Glad you liked the picture.  Sending along the caption that appeared with the picture on the Campaign For Wool's Facebook page (in case you are wondering who the other two boys are)...... "Campaign for Wool patron The Prince of Wales, Marks and Spencer CEO Steve Rowe and supermodel and face of M&S David James Gandy attend a private dinner ahead of the inaugural Dumfries House Wool Conference. Today's conference, supported by Marks and Spencer will be the largest...
A green velvet jacket can look very nice amongst black dinner jackets.......
@DonCologne, red ties with brown suits was fairly common in early 20th Century American fashion illustration.  I think it was one of those (as Don King might say) "Only in America" things.
Sometimes, whilst out swanning around, one wishes life would imitate art more often than it does........ ......but ends up having to settle for second best, a cookie (or a biscuit depending on where one gets it). Everyone except me seems to have gone to ground, possibly because it was a little damp, drizzly, and breezy out this morning. Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, Lands' End tie, Chaps (Ralph Lauren era) tattersall PPBD shirt, generic pocket square, Viyella...