or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Thanks awfully for posting about this.  I ordered a pair of Khaki (Grain) McTavishs.  I will post pictures when they arrive, which should be in about a week.
Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and vest (two of the three pieces of a three piece tweed suit that I got at Brooks Brothers in the fall of 1965), ecru PPBD, tie, and argyle socks, Orvis tartan trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes......
An idol at the Temple Of Mammon and I.  The idol isn't wearing anything.  I am wearing a Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and vest, ecru PPBD, tie, and argyle socks, Orvis tartan trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.......
Thanks again to everyone for all your kind comments.  I had a Blackened Chicken Sandwich and a salad.  My friend had steak.  Unusual for her, she ate her entire lunch (including her vegetables), since she liked her steak (and vegetables) so much.We ate at DOMA on Camden, half a block north of Wilshire.  If you're ever near there, you might want to try it.  We both like going there, and I'm always particularly happy when I'm able to eat my sandwich without dripping any of...
As someone has now brought up the subject of Coolidge prints, I have one of them ("His Station And Four Aces") at home.  For those of you who have read Paul Fussell's book, the Coolidge print is "ironic", since I used to work for the Santa Fe Railway.   For those who are wondering about the other two pictures in this picture, one of them is a Maxfield Parrish "Wynken, Blyken, and Nod" (a story that my Mother used to read to my brother and I when we were younger) and the...
Before lunch today, wearing a Brooks Brothers herringbone tweed jacket, that I got in the early seventies when it was no problem asking for working cuff button holes at Brooks Brothers, Brooks Brothers university stripe OCBD, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, J Crew argyle sweater vest, and Thomas Pink houndstooth pocket square. (Yes, herringbone, university stripes, polka dots, argyle, and houndstooth are five patterns.)  I was also wearing grey cord trousers, so that's a...
After lunch today, wearing a Brooks Brothers herringbone tweed jacket and University stripe OCBD, Ben Silver tie, Thomas Pink pocket square, J Crew sweater vest, L L Bean cord trousers, socks I got somewhere over 30 years ago, and Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers shoes....
Thanks for the kind comments about my shoes, which are not old shoes.  I got them early in 2014, and I wear them once or twice a month (except between Memorial Day and Labor Day when I wear white shoes).
From time to time, there have been comments about shoes creasing or having variations in color.  For fans of creasing and variations in color (like me) here's a picture of my MTO Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McGilliciddys..........
On the way to have lunch with a friend.  Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, Brooks Brothers Shetland (made in Scotland) pullover pulled over a Brooks Brothers flannel button down shirt, Brooks Brothers ascot, and umbrella.  Squarextraordinare pocket square, L L Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes......