or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Glad that so many of you liked my picture at the pre-Valentine event. Since today is the day before Valentine's Day, I thought that this might also be a seasonally appropriate place to sit.   It was nearly 90F here today (which is not seasonally appropriate) so I am wearing a Brooks Brothers (Italian era, three button, darted, twin vents, and pleated trousers) cotton mini-houndstooth suit, PPBD ecru shirt, and tie, Gold Toe socks, and Allen-Edmonds shoes........
Older members of this group who live in the United States might remember that February 12th used to be a holiday, "Lincoln's Birthday" in most states.  It's unfortunate that Lincoln lost his holiday and got thrown into a new holiday "President's Day", along with Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, Chester A. Arthur and all the rest of the Presidents. However, Lincoln is probably fortunate that he never posted any pictures online, as one can only imagine all the bizarre...
Wore the black MTO (rubber sole) Rutledges today.......
My "All Quiet On The Western Front" look....... Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, pink OCBD, and tie, Thomas Pink pocket square, Dunn & Co vest, Polo Ralph Lauren flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes......
Prior to Valentine's Day, some shops have special pre-Valentine events.  Sometimes these events can a pleasant way to do one's Valentine shopping as well as being great fun.... Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, pink OCBD, tie, and argyle socks, Thomas Pink pocket square, Dunn & Co. grey vest (the vest that I usually wear with a black jacket, grey and black striped trousers, spats, and the rest of that sort of stuff), Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds...
Not quite certain if this picture (from the online version of "Town & Country" magazine) belongs here in "Black Tie" or if it belongs in "White Tie" or in "Women Wearing Men's Clothes" or in none of the above......
Wore the Khaki (Grain) McTavishs today..........
"The Railway Man" comes closer to being about my Uncle (my Father's younger brother, who I am named after) except that my Uncle died in a Japanese POW camp.  This is one of the things that he did before he was captured by the Japanese.....Meanwhile, My Father (he's the one in the front row holding the maps of the target under his arm) was somewhere in the UK and spent his days flying to somewhere in Europe.
A few days ago, I posted pictures of my Khaki (Grain) McTavishs.  At that time, someone mentioned that they thought that the Khaki McTavishs soon might be on sale for $149.00.  Later, someone posted a picture of the flyer for the upcoming AE sale, and the Khaki McTavishs will be on sale for $149.00. When I posted the picture, I mentioned that, since the Khaki McTavishs had leather soles, I was going to have TOPY sole protectors put on.  Someone always asks what TOPY sole...
I was going for a "Standing Shakespeare" look, based on his better known "Sitting Shakespeare" look, either of which might be a particularly good look for you if you were an English, rather than a Math, teacher.