or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Thank you again to all of you who take the time and trouble to post pictures of yourselves. This weekend was my high school 50th Reunion weekend, a three day event.  Friday night there were garden parties for the four elementary school Classes Of '61, Saturday night there was the high school Class Of '65 Reunion dinner, and this morning there was a tour of our old high school. Here I am this morning standing on the front lawn in front of my old high school.  When we were...
Once again, thanks to all of you who post pictures of themselves and who like my pictures. My high school 50th Reunion was Saturday night at a local country club.  Here's a picture standing under giant balloon letters of our old school's initials by one of the fireplaces.  I am wearing a Brooks Brother blue blazer and ecru PPBD shirt, a Polo Ralph Lauren orange and white (our school colors) repp tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan...
Thanks again to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves and also to everyone who likes my pictures. Tonight was my elementary school Class Of '61 Garden Party (in a former classmate's back garden), one of the preliminary events before my high school Class Of '65 Reunion Dinner Party tomorrow night. Standing in a corner of my former classmate's back veranda, wearing a Middishade Madras jacket, Brooks Brothers blue PPBD shirt and white cotton...
We like going to Petrossian at 321 North Robertson (a block north of Beverly Blvd) for lunch.  I usually have the Chicken Salad and my friend has one of the caviar things.   The Chicken Salad looks like this....... We usually share a Vanilla Panna Cotta with Expresso Caviar for dessert (or we walk a few blocks south to Georgetown Cupcake and share a vanilla cupcake). Petrossian has all sorts of special caviar tasting events in the evenings and now has a Pate menu...
I probably encounter more people who share Tibor's style than many who post here, and I think that Tibor always looks very good.  Here's a picture taken on the train a few weeks before Christmas last year........
That's why I suggested that the person look through all of the pictures that Voxsartoria has posted.  Gore Vidal is not the only person with unbuttoned collar buttons.I've always thought that it was most unfortunate when someone takes the time and trouble to post a picture here for the first time, and then never posts again after getting some bizarre comments, often from people who seldom, if ever, post pictures.Looking through Voxsartoria's pictures, there are pictures of...
Thank you.  That's why I refered the person who asked about unbuttoned button down collars to Voxsartoria's pictures where people can see the pre-internet freedoms that all men once had.
As you might have heard, there is a drought in California, and even when there isn't a drought, it doesn't rain in July.   However, there is rain, thunder, and lightning today, and most (but not all) people had the good sense to stay inside. Brooks Brothers umbrella (with a wooden shaft so it doesn't attract lightning), white cotton sweater, and tan, grey, and brown plaid shirt, Land's End trousers, and Nordstrom's saddle shoes......
Wore tan suede Strandmoks today.......
As always, very special thanks to all of you all over the world who use the marvel of modern times, the internet, to share pictures of yourselves with people who otherwise would never see what you are wearing today.  Unfortunately, there are some people, who seldom, if ever, post pictures of themselves, who have used the internet to propagate all sorts of silly made up "rules" about what people should wear. Recently, on another thread in this group, someone asked about...