or Connect

Posts by Roycru

And now for something completely different....... Last night I posted a picture (standing in front of a Christmas Tree) taken on the way to dinner with my friend.  After dinner, my friend took some close up pictures of what I was wearing using her cell phone, and today she sent me this, which she created on her computer from the pictures that she took.
Another post with someone not wearing a tie.  I walked up to UCLA Med Center this morning wearing an old Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and an old Brooks Brothers (Made in Scotland with saddle shoulders) Shetland crew neck pullover pulled over a Land's End flannel shirt (with no tie), Jim Thompson pocket square, L L Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds Ridgeways and discovered that, unlike physicists, doctors think that doing the same thing over and expecting...
Wearing my Ridgeways and standing exactly here........
Dunn & Company heavyweight Harris Tweed jacket (so heavy that I could hardly feel my friend tickling my arm as she tried to make me smile for the picture), Dunn & Company doeskin vest, Brooks Brothers shirt and tie, and Jim Thompson pocket square.........
Standing in front of a Christmas tree earlier this evening on the way to dinner, wearing a Dunn & Co Harris Tweed jacket and doeskin vest, Brooks Brothers shirt and tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, J Crew cord trousers with embroidered dogs (that I tried to convince everyone were reindeer) and Allen-Edmonds shoes.....
For Tibor, a picture from the summer of 2013, taken on a day that my friend thought that we should both wear our straw hats.  I am wearing a straw hat that I got at Brooks Brothers in 1964, along with a Brooks Brothers blazer (from the seventies) and an ecru BD shirt, a Roosterknit tie (from the sixties), J. Crew Madras trousers, and Florsheim shoes..... .....although we sat outside at lunch and my friend was able to keep her hat on, I took my hat off, and I then had...
I still have the hats that I got at Brooks Brothers in the sixties.  When everyone used to wear hats, wherever you went, there was someplace to put them.  Now, the hat check rooms, the hat racks, the extra stretchers under chairs, and all the other places that hats used to go in offices, restaurants, and other places have disappeared.These disappearances have added infinite problems to wearing a hat (unless it's a cloth cap that you can fold up and stick in your pocket)....
Today I wore the brown herringbone tweed "Sports Suit" (welted edges, patch pockets, and lapped seams) that I got at the Brooks Brothers store on Post and Grant in San Francisco in the fall of 1965.
Thanks again to everyone for liking my "Now And Then" pictures.  I have worn the same clothes (that I got at Brooks Brothers in the sixties and seventies) all of my life. In the Fall of 1965, when I was working for the Santa Fe Railway in San Francisco, I got a brown herringbone tweed suit (which Brooks Brothers called a "Sport Suit" because it had patch pockets, welted edges, and lapped seams) at the Brooks Brothers store on Post and Grant in San Francisco.  Today was a...
Out in the midday Sun today doing some Christmas shopping. Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, signature tartan pocket square, blue OCBD, and British-American Chamber Of Commerce Christmas tie, old Viyella (55%-45% Made in Scotland) sweater vest, L L Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds brown grain Kiowas...... Closer view of the Christmas tie that Brooks Brothers made for the British-Amarican Chamber Of Commerce many Christmases ago.....