or Connect

Posts by Roycru

I was going for a "Standing Shakespeare" look, based on his better known "Sitting Shakespeare" look, either of which might be a particularly good look for you if you were an English, rather than a Math, teacher.
Thanks again to everyone who likes my pictures and thanks again to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves. Earlier today, on Melrose Place, my favorite relay box and I.  I am wearing a Polo Ralph Lauren jacket, Brooks Brothers PPBD, a tie that the person I was having lunch with gave me for Christmas, Squarextraordinare pocket square, Lyle & Scott sweater vest, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.  The relay box is wearing a faux...
I like my brown grain Kiowas.  (I also have a pair of Ridgeways.)  I also like the Brooks Brothers versions of AE shoes, as they often come with Poiron insoles and repp stripe tap soles.  For some bizarre reason, some Brooks Brothers versions of some AE shoes also come with leather/rubber heels, which I immediately replace with rubber heels.
No, the Khaki (Grain) McTavishs have leather soles.  After I took the picture, I laced them up and then walked four blocks up the alley to a Chinese restaurant, had a bowl of Hot & Sour Soup, and then walked back home down the alley, so I got the leather soles roughed up a bit prior to taking them to have TOPY rubber sole protectors put on.I have never had to "break in" any shoes.  I just lace then up and go out.  I used to know someone who was the manager of a shoe store....
The Khaki (Grain) McTavish seconds that I ordered on Sunday arrived here today.  When I ordered the McTavishs, I spoke to Andrew in the Riverhead NY Allen-Edmonds Outlet Store.  When I order seconds, I always ask the SA to look at the seconds to see how they look.  To make sure that he wasn't missing anything, Andrew also asked another SA to look at them. They arrived here today.   I also looked at them, and, like Andrew and the other SA, I didn't see anything wrong with...
Thank you. It's the parking structure behind the UCLA Medical Center.
Thanks awfully to everyone who liked the picture of my iPhone and I, and as always, thanks to all of you who take the time and trouble to post pictures. Sitting near one of the many parking structures at UCLA (my old school) while wearing an old Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and blue OCBD, Land's End tie, generic pocket square, old (55%-45% Made In Scotland) Viyella sweater vest, L L Bean cord trousers, bamboo (that's what it said on the package) socks, and...
Thanks awfully for all your kind comments and for always posting such interesting pictures of yourselves.  Sometimes I have noticed that some of you have posted pictures of yourselves holding your cell phones.  I have never posted a picture of myself holding a cell phone (until now). Here's my cell phone and I.  I am wearing a Brooks Brothers jacket, blue OCBD, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Lyle & Scott fairisle sweater vest, Orvis cord trousers, and...
I will know what kind of sole for sure when the Khaki (Grain) McTavishs arrive.   In the Shoebank picture it looks a leather sole.  If it's leather, I'll have TOPY sole protectors put on.
Yes, sometimes there is inclement weather in Southern California, which is when I wear the Bean Boots that I got over twenty years ago......