or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Thank you.  It's a jacket I got at Brooks Brothers in the seventies.  I usualy post pictures of my shoes on this thread and pictures of everything (including shoes) on the Classic Menswear "WAYWT" thread.Here's another picture of the jacket and a different pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes taken on a rare (around here) rainy day.  The shoes are brown grain Kiowas, which are Strands with split reverse welts and Vibram lug soles.
I buy Woodlore shoe trees at Nordstrom Rack.  They are the same shoe trees sold by AE, except that they are "seconds".  You should buy the same size because they are the same shoe trees.The important thing to remember is after you plant the shoes trees, you have to be patient until the shoes grow to be the right size.  If you pick the shoes too soon, the shoes will be too small.Here's a picture of me buying Woodlore shoe tress at Nordstrom Rack and wearing Allen Edmonds...
Yes, that's a good idea.  There were lots of cookies left after I got mine although one might hope that there wouldn't be any bizarre comments about how the color of one's cookie clashes with the color of one's pocket square, particularly since colors don't always look the same in pictures posted online as they do in person.
Wore my Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands (with wonderful Poiron insoles and combination tap soles and the original heels replaced with an all rubber heels) today.......
Joining the pro flannel trouser contingent today. Brooks Brothers herringbone tweed jacket, OCBD shirt, tie, sweater vest, pocket square, and argyle socks, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands...... ...the ever-popular close-up, possibly even more popular than usual because it includes a sprinkle cookie. The jacket is another of the jackets that I got at Brooks Brothers in the Seventies, when one could have...
As some of you might have noticed, the internet is (kitty) littered with pictures of people with cats.  Here's my contribution to the (kitty) litter... ......although "Country Life" magazine says that  "a gentleman never owns a cat", there might be an exception for this one, even though such a cat might indicate that one is in trade. http://www.countrylife.co.uk/life-in-the-country/are-you-a-modern-day-gentleman-1406 For those who, like Mr. DeMille, are ready for my...
Wore my khaki (grain) McTavishes today.  In support of some of the theories about the fit of McTavishes, my McTavishes are a little looser than my other 65 last shoes, so I put an Allen-Edmonds Orthotic insert in them and now I am (as Hubert  Humphrey used to say), "Pleased as punch" with the fit of my McTavishes.......
Pictures of cars in this thread might be better if the pictures included Allen-Edmonds shoes, for example, a purple McLaren and walnut Allen-Edmonds Lombards.....
Just imagine how much more money "Zuckerberg et al" would have if they wore a suit and tie rather than "flip-flops and hoodies".
As others have posted, it depends on the sort of business that one is in.There are white collar workers and blue collar workers.  Workers who belong to trade unions are (like people in show business) are blue collar workers.  Workers who are mechanics (like those in the tech sector) are blue collar workers.