or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Monkeying around in Malibu....... Brooks Brothers silk tweed glen plaid 3/2 undarted sack jacket and ecru PPBD shirt, generic raw silk tie, generic pocket square, Trafalgar alligator belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks. Recall past comments about glen plaid jackets, raw silk ties, and sack jackets, but have forgotten if the comments were pro or con.  As we all are pros here, assume the comments were all pro.  (Don't think any of us are...
Thank you.  Do I get any more extra thumbs for recently reading "The Red House Mystery"?
Wondering why anyone would go around with bare ankles when socks come in so many weird and wonderful colors and patterns but bare ankles don't. Brooks Brothers blue blazer, PPBD shirt, tie, and pocket square, Orvis Trousers, Rugby Ralph Lauren socks, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks. Oddest thing I saw today, in Brooks Brothers on Rodeo Drive, plastic food like the plastic food in front of restaurants in Japan, except in Japan, the plastic food shows what the...
The nation that gave the world the Nehru jacket may also be the nation that gave the world the sockless look.......
From when I worked for the Santa Fe Railway and spent six out of every seven days (most weeks) on the train, one of the little wrapped bars of Pullman Company soap that were on the sinks in all Pullman cars.  The Pullman Company ceased operations on December 31st, 1968.  A few years later, on April 30th, 1971, railroad passenger service in the United States ended, as did our jobs. For those who have never seen a real American passenger train, here's a picture I took in...
Bought around a dozen pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes from that seller.  Always a good value, but, as others have mentioned (and this applies to everything listed on eBay) look at the pictures, read the description, and if you have any questions, ask the Seller (and if you make an offer, make a reasonable offer).
Walked past the place where the garbage trucks live.  It's Saturday, so they all were at home. Lands' End blue glen plaid PPBD shirt, Brooks Brothers BB#1 stripe ribbon belt, J Crew patchwork Madras trousers, and Bass white bucks with blue shoelaces.
Where do you go on Friday nights?  My Friday night going-out budget would buy slightly less than four pairs of 30" shoelaces.
I am 5'6" tall and don't have any problems getting my tie ends to come out right.  It can't be that hard to do if I can do it.Although @Roy Al said that he doesn't cut off bits of the back blades of his ties, some people do cut off bits of the back blades of their ties.http://oxfordclothbuttondown.com/2016/03/true-confessions-trad-blunt-cut/ 
Getting one's tie to end at the top of one's belt, as well as not getting the rear blade longer than the front blade and just hanging there looking silly, is a matter of skill.  Some people have the skill and some don't have the skill.Those who lack the skill have made up a silly name, "Spazatura" (or something like that) to cover up their lack of skill.These unskilled souls are denied the simplest solution, wearing a bow tie, as bow ties require yet another set of even...