or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Last time around, the lined Strand with a split welt (and a Vibram Lug Sole) was called the Kiowa.
The Australian version is louder than that.......
If there ever is a boutonniere challenge, it should be a real boutonniere challenge (an actual flower) rather than a synthetic boutonniere challenge.  If there is a synthetic boutonniere challenge, it should also require an entire fit of synthetic materials.  Here's a picture from Maundy Thursday last year with a real flower boutonniere and all natural fibers.........
The answer might depend on how old you are.   If you are 80, yes, as wide ties probably won't come back into fashion in your lifetime. If you are 20, no, as wide ties will probably come back into fashion sometime in your lifetime and you will be glad that you saved them.
I usually just ask anyone who is nearby to take a picture.  I've only had one person not want to do it, even though she had her own camera and was taking pictures of everything else.  Tourists with cameras will always do it, particularly if you offer to trade taking a picture of all of them with their camera(s).  Sometimes when bums ask for money, I tell them that I will give them a dollar if they take my picture.  Bums in wheelchairs are the best to have take your...
I put the cloths in the washer and the dryer.I put the brushes (bristles down) in a plastic container filled with water and laundry detergent that's slightly less deep than the bristles until they are clean, and then let the brushes air dry (bristles down).
Wore tan Allen-Edmonds Desert Mountain "golf" shoes today. I replaced the wide flat orange laces with round tan laces. They're not only "golf" shoes, but can also be worn when walking around.
Thank you.  The Kiowas are Brown Grain Kiowas (that's what it said on the box and in the Tent Sale email) that I got at the most recent AE Tent Sale for $179.00.  The grain does vary, and the grain on the top of the vamp (but not on the sides of the vamp) almost disappears when I put the shoe trees in them.Actual shoes tend to look very different (usually much better) than the pictures on the A-E website.  For some reason, A-E appears to be addicted to having very bad...
Here's a picture from last night, Brooks Brothers jacket and shirt, Jim Thompson pocket square, and Arny Guerrero tie......
I got my flat laces from Allen-Edmonds.  They are called "Fine Flat Laces" and are the laces that are used on the Carlyle.  (Look under "Questions" on the Carlyle page.)  I had to call A-E to order my flat laces.  Here's how they look with different types of eyelets.