or Connect

Posts by Roycru

Having previously posted about watches being passed down in families, here's one that has come down to me (probably because I was the only one in the family who wanted it)......... The engraving reads "Father & Mother to William G. Sargent on his 21st Birthday Jan 8th 1881 Vallejo CA". It still works perfectly although (as some might notice) at some time in the past the original movement was replaced. It's lever set. The wear on the 18K case from being in...
Some of us are closer to 70 but still think that we are closer to 12.
In 1970, No......... In 2015, still No.......
In the country today.  (I'm in the Brentwood Country Mart, which is located between the Riviera Country Club and the Brentwood Country Club, so I must be in the country.)  Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, Brooksflannel shirt, and cotton sweater vest, generic Italian pocket square, L. L. Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.......
Thanks again to everyone who liked the pictures.  The picture that gopherblue asked about was taken in early February at a pre-Valentine's day fashion show.   Now, back to watches.  Those of you who post in this thread and who have watches are leaving a a very special legacy for your descendants.  All of your watches will last beyond the end of time, and for many future generations your descendants will wear your watches and remember you. They will thank you when, while...
The short person tie option that I use (when needed)........http://www.ties.com/how-to-tie-a-tie/prince-albert
As you get older, even if you are short, you will get better at tying your tie so that it ends up the right length (or you can wear bow ties).....
Thanks awfully to everyone who liked the pictures.  Here's a picture of both of the Hamilton 992B's showing their seldom-seem-when-being- worn faces hanging out where they hang out when they're not being worn.......
I probably looked more like a "Downton Abbey" extra in 1969, during the brief period that I had a mustache (which unfortunately did not survive shaving one morning on a very late train that was trying to make up time and hit a low rail joint).  For those who are wondering, yes, I am wearing the same brown tweed suit that I got at the Brooks Brothers store on Post and Grant in San Francisco in 1965 in this picture that I am wearing in the picture from a few months ago.  I...
Here's three recent pictures, none of which (even the one wearing a tweed suit) look like an extra on "Downton Abbey"................two people wearing pocket watches.