or Connect

Posts by brp2

That really sucks. I suppose Kavalan could've had an off cask or something. I've definitely had bottles in the past from other distillers that were sulfury or had an odd plastic/rubbery smell/taste. Fortunately it hasn't happened to me twice in a row, however.
@indesertum, I remember you saying that in the whisky thread, and I was a bit nervous about opening this one because of it. Fortunately the bottle I've got only had very strong scents that you'd typically expect from a sherry aged whiskey in the nose. The back end was also pretty powerful too, however, at about 57%.
Pretty fun trying these back-to-back. The size of the gathering and the celebratory nature of Thanksgiving made doing do make sense; at the same time they are all really potent, so you have to be a bit careful. Started with the 2013 Bois. A ton of bourbon on the nose, and a lot of sweetness too. I had a big pour of this which was good and bad -- good as it was my favorite of the three; bad as it was early and the high alcohol stuck with me for s while: Has the 2014...
Feeling the darker beers here now that it's dark and the weather is cold. This one wasn't anything all that special and is pretty much exactly what its label says: Also, planning my beer lineup to take to an all-day Thanksgiving celebration at a friend's place. The current thinking is three anniversary beers from the Bruery -- Bois, Sucre, and Cuivre.
Thanksgiving visitors bearing gifts:
Those should start to look amazing as they break in.
Christ. Everyone's breaking out the big guns now. I'm not going to compete with any of that. A couple of recent beers, though: I thought this was good, but I wasn't blown away by it, which I expected. Maybe too high of expectations. Maybe if I was into beer at the same time that I liked movies like the Naked Gun I could get into this. But my current prejudices just won't let me get past the labels / names / contract brewing. Nice, but not sure it tops their regular...
I don't know what else you're supposed to do with light colored suede Indy boots! Certainly not keep them in the box like I'm doing.
I wore my pair today.  They're fantastic if anyone is on the fence.  And the Honey Nut look a lot like the Russets I picked up a while back. Also, some amazing fabrics in there.  I'm really tempted by at least five of them. 
Went shopping on a recent trip out of town. The selection was pretty uninspiring, but I came away with the following, which might be a bit hit or miss: And some recent beers too. Decided that I should drink some IPAs fresh. This one was really good: I know this is probably sacrilege or something, but I just wasn't that in to this: And am having this currently. A bit different from what I remember, maybe as it's probably much fresher than most of the others I've...