or Connect

Posts by brp2

Opened this one up recently and I'm having another dram tonight.  It really lives up to the hype.     And a couple of recent acquisitions.  A friend also picked up the 53.200, a Caol Ila, and it's fantastic.  I'm really excited to open the 93.61, a Glen Scotia, to see if is anywhere near as overwhelming as its description promises.
 Congrats El Arg!  That's awesome.  That's an amazing haul.  Thanks for the heads up!  I was kicking myself for missing them last week; I didn't make that mistake this time.  Can't wait to see what I get.
Hold it -- J. Crew's Indy knockoff is really called the Pacer?  I'd never heard its name before, but really?  Like the Indiana, or Indy, Pacers?  You've got to be kidding me.
KP: I just raised the same issue as I've found that while a 10.5D TB Indy fits really well, a 10.5D Barrie is a bit too narrow (and maybe even a bit short).  An 11D in the Barrie works for me, although I suspect that a 10.5E could be good too.
That sunny madras just keeps looking better and better.
Good to know about Upright. I'll have to seek that out. Was the younger at Suds & Suds? Got some punchcards from there.
 Goddamnit.  How did I miss this?  Stupid me, taking the wrong day off. Here's yesterday; still loving my DWR Rivets (and yes, I know, these need to be hemmed):
Thanks all who responded regarding TB / Barrie sizing.  It's good to know that I'm not the only one that Barrie = TB doesn't work for.  It's just such a standard point that I needed to check.    And speaking of TB, my well-worn natty CXL Indys got some use today:
Cigar in the sun: Also, on the subject of confusing sizing issues, how far off does everyone consider the Trubalance from the Barrie?  For me, the TB in 10.5D is a nearly perfect fit; the Barrie in 10.5D feels slightly too short and too narrow.  I'm wondering if it's possibly a difference in materials (CXL on TB and cordovan on Barrie), or if the lasts are different enough to warrant different sizes.  Is anyone else in the same boat, or do you all just size both the...
I'd been wanting a black or Color 8 saddle for a while.  While these are a bit outside the norm, they were hard to resist at half price: http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/freeman-saddle-shoe.html.