or Connect

Posts by brp2

Did you find those here? http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/report-buyer-finds-bizarre-items-in-penthouse-founders-storage-space/
Yeah, but haven't for a while. My brewing buddy started brewing with his wife, so I'm out. On the upside, they make fantastic stuff and I get to drink it, so no complaints here.
A couple from tonight: I'd held on to the Dogfish for a while, and I'm not sure if I waited too long to drink it or not. It was a bit active, and I'm not sure I really got the ingredients inspiring its name -- instead it seemed like coffee and chocolate, a pretty typical double. Conversely, the Epic could probably benefit from some time spent sitting. At nearly 12%, it's all sweetness and smoke. It'd be interesting to see what happens after a year or more.
Sorry--wasn't casting aspersions on you or anything like that, just noting the general trend too.
 As others have said, Cantillon is a fun time.  It's pretty much all Americans visiting there, though.  I talked with one of the guys working there and he attributed the American presence to the fact that we're trendy in our beer-likes, and we've now moved on to sours.  Hard to find fault with his opinion, really.   On my visit the bar area was primarily occupied by a couple groups of Americans, each comprised of four or five 20- to 30-somethings.  They'd been there for...
      I have both and I probably prefer the speed hooks for ease-of-use.  I've never had them catch on my dress pants.  While I agree that an all-eyelet boot provides for a cleaner look, it's really not an issue since I'm not wearing these with shorts.
Speaking of Brugge and Gent, just an everyday drinker tonight:
Sadly, I know you're right and I knew it at the time too. I just hadn't set anything up with Fantome and was following Liege-Bastogne-Liege around, so I went for the easy option. God knows when I'll be back in the Ardennes again.
That de Dolle is fantastic. I was in Belgium this time last year and felt like a kid in a candy store. My only mistake was probably choosing to visit La Chouffe over Fantome (the former made more sense with our itinerary).
A dry hopped Saison Dupont, eh?  I didn't know that existed.  And nice haul there.