or Connect

Posts by dovsr18

I have a number of beautiful Italian shirts, all size 15.5/39 and 100% luxury cotton, in perfect condition, never worn, some with tags. Unfortunately I need to liquidate some of my inventory and these will not be in my near-term future!  So, without further ado:   1) Luigi Borrelli Royal Collection (pre-2010) Double-Cuff White Shirt (15.5/39).   This gorgeous shirt is a staple piece that is quite literally hand-made.  The shirt features the thick mother of pearl...
These are after 3-4 wearings.  Forgive the very dirty carpet background :)  
I received a pair of black Scafora balmorals from the blake and rapid line yesterday from Ian. My very preliminary observations: Last: The last is more elegant than shown in the pictures; rounded toes but fairly elongated sole and well defined shape. I've been wearing AEs and I think this last is more defined and elegant - yet would be totally fine in even a very conservative setting (I wore than to my law office workplace today). Also, the sole doesn't extend too far...
Yoox and EBay. If you are lucky enough to be a size 46, yoox has a solid navy one right now for 440 BEFORE site-wide 13% discount. Hard to tell but looks to be 3 roll 2. That is a world class suit in a staple color for under 400. Sick deal!
I would consider Sartorio again (obviously making sure there's a strong return policy), but not for more than 500.  Above that, there are just too many better options.   Did I get a "lemon"?  Maybe.  But the stitching looks sloppy in pictures of other Sartorio suits I've seen, too, now that I'm looking for it. Yet, if you have found your suit to be durable, mine may indeed be the exception.   But the bottom line for me is there's no reason to take a chance on...
Update: since my last post, my Sartorio is literally falling apart; there are loose threads and poor stitching everywhere and a string got caught on the pants pocket button and pulled, warping the back vent. It can be fixed easily enough but I'm very disappointed in the quality of an expensive suit like this. I still like aspects of the suit as noted above, but if the construction is crap none of that is worth much to me. I recommend not to buy, unless you want to...
+1 on Sartorio. I recently bought one from Sartoriale and love it. My only mistake was accidentally getting one with pleats (ugh) but I had my tailor take them out. Thle shoulders are excellent if you like really natural, as are the sleeveheads. Bear in mind it's a high button stance - but not as high as many. The canvassing is very light and most of the suits are unlined. Great for summer. My only beef is that some of the sewing, while done by hand, is somewhat...
Very nice. I'm considering a pair of black semi-brogues. Will post pics if I take the plunge. The lasts on his shoes strike me as quite conservative.
Nice.  Thanks.    I recall someone comparing his bespoke shoes very favorably with Lattanzi's at a fraction of the cost.  Hopefully his "diffusion" lines will maintain high quality at their price points.  
http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-64347-paolo-scafora-brown-shoes-size-115-us-105-uk.aspx http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-64466-paolo-scafora-black-shoes-size-7-us-6-uk.aspx