or Connect

Posts by Valmont

Quote: Quote: (Manton @ April 26 2005,11:33) Quote: Originally Posted by Valmont,April 26 2005,11:08 Have more children and dramatically increase military spending, hmm reminds me of all the rubbish that's in Mein Kampf. As if it weren't enough for you to advocate the assassination of the President of the United States, today you drag out a Hitler reference as a debate tactic of first resort. I'd love to argue this...
Quote: Quote: One of the biggest complaints against the current president is that he wasn't smart (Harvard & Yale are small-time nowadays) or knowledgeable enough about foreign affairs. I think the argument is pretty present about why people think the current pres is an idiot. He is a bumbling idiot and is a HORRIBLE public speaker. Also, he had a pisspoor GPA in Yale and most likely only got in because of  family (why even bother...
Quote: For Europe to be a "superpower" they will have to: 1) Reverse the depopulation of the Continent and have more children; 2) Dramatically reform their welfare state to free up money so that they can: 3) Dramtically increase their military spending. The likelihood of all three happening any time soon -- or ever -- is quite low. And that's leaving aside all constitutional problems, sovereignty issues which have yet to be resovled, and disagreemens about...
Quote: Long time lurker, but I had to sign up officially when I read this post by Valmont: Quote: Visitors enter at their own risk, as you are now leaving the 21st century. We cannot take any responsibility for what will happen to you should you upset any inbred natives by actually expressing intellectual thoughts instead of being a  religious drone. My God, man, are you just cranky today or are you always so rude, arrogant, condescending...
Quote: Just as my awe exists at the work of some of my clients ... living in a multitude of homes, travelling amongst them on their own jets, running some of the largest firms on the Planet ... I could be wrong but this dosen't really sound like admiration of managerial capabilities, more like boasting about ones clientele. Not that there is anything wrong with that, businesses do it all the time not to mention universities that constantly flaunt...
At the risk of sounding stupid, who is this Sherman character??
Quote: I am surprised to see that there is still one person in this world (globetrotter) who thinks invading Iraq is helping fight terrorism. Maybe he's been globetrotting to Crawford, Texas just one time too many. whnay: What happened to my dartboards man did they shut you down for being unpatriotic?? And I was already making plans to place a big order and turn them for a profit over here.
Quote: I consistently rotate three watches with a list price ranging from $40-$3300--I received the compliment on the $40 Fossil.  So go figure about "nice" watches; they do nothing to attract the ladies.  To reinforce the point, my buddies GF made a similar comment about how expensive my watch appeared... it was the same $40 quartz.  Outside of a Rolex, no one really notices a great timepiece.  BTW, I've fallen in love with the Chronoswiss...
Where is all the ppl representing Montreal, the shopping scene there wasn't great but still I hope it hasn't died completely since I left after graduation...
Quote: If I were you, I would go see the provost at John Hopkins, and demand a refund. John Hopkins has violated its fidiuciary responsibilty, and not educated you properly if you are having this much difficulty. You're right, you have paid too much for your education. Your continuous bashing of this guys education is really almost as silly as his arguments about filesharing. Even Harvard and Yale have nimrods for graduates, GWB being just one of...