or Connect

Posts by chinesealpha

A shell + puffy jacket (down or synthetic) ought to be warm enough for sedentary pursuits in the cold. Since most puffy jackets are bomber length, the length of a shell will help out a bit below the waist. Also, having a proper hood and a high collar makes a big difference to how much I can tolerate the wrath of true winter.   But for anything active, I think this combo is way too sweaty, even with the current generation of 3-layer fabrics. Even the lightest, most...
Are you a sommelier?
NN - I'm picking up what you're putting down.   This is not my jacket, but you get the idea.... for that "shot down over the sahara / escaped from nazis by eating scorpions and drinking urine" steez  
I may regret asking this, but what are you planning on wearing them with?
  This is a pic of a Himel Bros. jacket made from Shinki horsehide, which is generally regarded as the best in the world. Mimosa bark tanned, aniline dyed. I'm not sure if it is spray-dyed (versus drum-dyed) but it sure looks that way. Spray-aniline dyed leather is the standard used in high-end repro flight jackets (Aero, Goodwear, Buzz Rickson's etc). Quite obviously, the dyed layer chips off pretty easily, giving rise to the crackly, spiderwebby wear...
Speaking of TNF, I've always had a thing for Steeptech parkas. Spectacular levels of overkill... in purple.   Purple label, I dunno. Seems like a lot of trouble and expense for a MIC rehash of 70s/80s hiking gear.
TTO - so good. Reminds me a little of Hannibal, but eviscerates that clown's style.   If you don't mind sharing, where did you find that shirt fabric? 
Vanson: this
 Being intimidatingly well dressed is a good first step for most anyone in sales, especially when you're dealing in aspirational products. Competence, taste, a sense of self-worth... these are things that I'd like to see in a person guiding me through a major purchase. People that envy you will buy whatever car you tell them to buy.