or Connect

Posts by VWpete

High end but great: -Jeffrey (Meatpacking District W. 14 btw-9and10) Dior, Dsquared, Bottega, Neil Barrett, Jil Sander, YSL, Gucci, great shoe section... -Bagutta Life (on Wooster in SoHo) Dior, Prada, Dolce, new location that's very nice -Gotta go to Barney's, Bergdorff, and a like Saks in NYC as well Streetwear- Barney's Coop- W 18th Street between 8 and 9th- Marc by MJ, James Perse, Nice Collective, PS by Paul Smith and a great denim selection of PDC, Seven, Chip &...
Thanks for your help... So if I find a US 36, it should mean 30 inches? Thanks for your help. Pete
Hey there, I'm looking at a specific pair of Dior pants on yoox and have some sizing questions. Has anyone here used yoox sizing system that shows in US sizes. It seems awfully high labeling dior as US 38- 40 etc. Odd sizes for these. I'm a US 28-30, Dior 46... any tips on ordering from yoox? Thanks, Pete
Actually I started using it when I needed a face moisturizer and my mom let me borrow hers... I liked it alot and she bought me a small bottle to travel with. Little did I know how expensive the stuff is. It is by far the best I've used and kept my face really clear and moisturized. It's really thick and makes it feel really firm on your face. My verdict- Awesome stuff that I have yet to find a competitor for. Con- It's tough to use when you don't get it as a gift. I'm...
Hey Mike, I love Custo. It's great for club wear as you described. He is showing at MB Fashion Week in NYC this year with mens and womens collections together. I have a few t-shirts long and short that have treated me well. The quality is good and the cut is nice. I understand your feeling of wanting some more color and interesting pieces. I tend to have a mix of both and switch constantly to keep things interesting. Go with what you like is my motto. Pete
Hey there, I'm a BIG fan of Dior Homme. I am lucky to have a few pieces from Hedi Slimane's line and know the sizing/ price point quite well. I own an overcoat from last winter, which I assume is where the coat you're interested in is from since it's on yoox. I ought my coat in an American 42 so I could fit my suit coat under it. It runs very slim, probably the most of any designer, along the lines of the Balenciaga line and Helmut Lang. Just for reference, I am a 38...
I agree with what you're saying Mike. Both of mine are 7 for all Mankind and the washes are different from the women's. I've got a twin sister who wear's Seven and Habitual, so I can compare side by side and wanted to mak sure we weren't wearing the same pants. PDC are soooooo baggy on me unfortunately. I love the feel, washes, etc but I wish they'd look out for the skinny guy. Maybe it's the growing US waistline, but all pants I find to be baggy, especially dress pants. I...
Gosh... that sounds like the position i'm in. 21 year old working NYC for the summer, business attire w/ no tie or suit, casual but clean Fridays. Are you sure we aren't working for the same company? Anyway, I think you could show your preppiness in your shirt choices. Think blue and white striped shirtw/ button down collars, brown belt and shoes as well earthy toned dress slacks. It's hard to dress preppy w/ out coming across too casual. I'm not quite sure if you could...
I love them. I've got a pair of denim bootcuts and some of jean cut khaki's. The fit is great and they're not too distressed (much less than some of the latest dieselv styles). They fit awesome and that's most important to me because I have no rear end and wear a 29 waist. Can be tough, but these have passed the test. Pete
If this is for your tan linen Mike, I think it'd work pretty well. I actually almost bought a similar Paul Smith Shirt this year. Very summery style, casual suit shirt. I think it would look sharp w/ tan linen, opened up a bit w/ no tie in the summer. Cheers, Pete