or Connect

Posts by VWpete

I've had a navy w/ yellowish green pinstripe for about a year. Very nice off the rack suit. Mine has worn very well and drapes nicely. Cut a material is great. I love the details (ticket pocket, hand stitched lapels). It may not be an Oxxford, but is a great, stylish suit. Enjoy...
Where one can purchase and set aside to be sent during sale time is usually referred to as a "Pre-Sale". I know Jeffrey in NY does this by word of mouth as I managed to catch the first day of a pre-sale by a generous salesperson I have dealt with in the pass. Barney's had an invite this year, but I don't think one would be excluded if they didn't have a paper copy. Industry wide I have not seen a standard to the def. of private sale and pre-sale, etc. I think one should...
Barney's NY Coop and Designer Sportswear private sale starts tommorow... 30-50% off.
Fantastic. I sure have a soft spot for Dior. I think that's the tuxedo jacket w/ leather lapels (top row, second from the right) I bought at Barney's this summer at 70% off. I understand your staying safe at first. You can expand your suppliers once you get comfortable, which could take a short period of time. Good luck and I'd focus on your shop first, then the online store. Pete
Sorry LA Guy. I understand he is an LA designer who recenty transplanted himself to paris. I could be wrong, but I thought he was most recently designing for a fur house in Paris alongside his own line. I love his stuff either way. Pete
I may be interested in a special request for a Dior Homme piece this coming season. Good luck. I was basing my comments on your current supply. I do feel that you need to bring some streetwear into the mix. I personally dislike Versace jeans as well as D&G denim. Mike C. brought in some good streetwear tips. I also love Carol Christian Poell, Les Hommes and Margiella. Is this list complete availability. I'm also not sure how your upscale market is there. Personally, I...
I think the best mens stores focus their collections with well edited lines. It might be tough to get authorization to sell current season inventory for that much of a reduction, but I'm not sure. My favorite specialty store in Chicago sells Dior Homme, Yohji, Chrome Hearts next to Kiton, Zegna. I'd need alot more info on region, customer, etc. before I know what would work best for you. My favorites from the list are Dior Homme, Miu Miu, Gigli, Dolce (not D&G) . . . I'd...
LA Guy, Nice write up. I have been challenged by my dad to help him buy classic casual wear that doesn't scream young designer, trying too hard, hip clothes. He has purchased 2 pairs of Zegna Jeans (1light, 1 dark) some great striped button up shirts (think Paul Smith and Etro, but not too crazy), great cashmere sweaters (Barney's house label suits him well) and my favorite most recent shoe purchases of his (Costume National slip ons in black suede and Tod's drivers)....
as far as sizing, I wear a 28 in PDC (special Japanese wash/cut not intended for the US that was sent to my favorite avant-garde boutique in NYC, 7 on Orchard Street), 29 in Seven and I bought a 30 in Rogan. They fit great. On a side not, I buy the smallest size available because jeans, especially 7's tend to stretch. The model of Rogan's I bought seemed smaller than the usual thirty, but that cut looked smaller when compared to others. My Rogan's are the medium colored...
Cool Mike. Wish I would've known. I was there this weekend as well and out at the clubs. Rush is hot. Alot different vibe than NYC... your girls are much better looking Pete