or Connect

Posts by decogeo

My friends, this thread is dying. Thanks to all of you for your contribution to realizing my grand vision. The road for the sartorial villain is never ending.
I have a French accent. Is that good or bad?
I like it, and it's actually doable. So Mads Mikkelsen is the go to guy for a well dressed villain, it seems.
Very true. I am 6'1 for 170lbs, graying hair on the sides but not too old looking either, so I guess it's not all bad. People tend to see me as a nice guy though, it's very frustrating. I probably need to work on the attitude.
I thought about the eyepatch but my two eyes are still good unfortunately.
My suits and jackets are mostly a mix of Zegna, Caruso, Baldessarini and a few other things. I suppose I could go up a step in quality but I think it's just as much a matter of style. Some suggested earlier to look at Tom Ford or some of the Savile row tailors for inspiration, which I will be looking into.
Yes, the risk of looking like a clown is pretty high with many of the suggestions in this thread and your word of caution applies throughout. But I like the oxblood captoe idea. The black and red (and white) is a tried and true combination indeed. A very dark charcoal could work if I wanted to avoid black but I suppose looking like a villain involves breaking free of conventions.
I can definitely picture that. Except perhaps the yellow tie, I don't know. I usually frown a lot and it does make people uncomfortable.
Some good ideas here, the glasses and leather overcoat. Obviously I can't look completely insane at work, but I will take inspiration. Overcoats help in a big way I think. I can think of two examples of guys I have seen wearing leather overcoats in a work context. One was terrible but the other was good. The first one is a guy in his late 20s with your typical gestapo overcoat and a fashionably 1930s haircut with very short sides and long top - not sure what it's called....