or Connect

Posts by Brittany Paris

I didn't mean to say that semi aniline is bad and aniline is good. They are different and yes, semi aniline is more forgiving in sun exposure and etc. Personally, I like full aniline better. There are a lot of companies that lie about their quality of leather though, that was the point I was trying to make. Herman Miller is up front and honest about their leather. When I said some companies rip off the oblivious customer, I was referring to the companies that say their...
Yeah, the whole situation with the accidental swatch mix up does sound a little shady but either way, they are making it right. If I was your typical dumb customer, then I would have been happy with the first replacement cushion and wouldn't have questioned the commercial grade sample. I didn't know what aniline was either until last year when I asked for a bunch of leather swatches from different companies. I received an Edelman dream cow sample from Herman Miller and...
PS: I want to clear one thing up. The lower quality leather sample that I received is actually something Rove carries commercially and is not available to the public. So the only leather that a consumer will receive from Rove should be 100% aniline.
Will do. I have been dealing with Filzfelt and they are lovely and the product is of very high quality.
Actually, the aniline in the picture is just really smooth. You can see all of the hair follicles and it is legit, trust me. The non aniline in the picture is not embossed but definitely has a topcoat of some kind. Victor got back to me and told me that somehow the non-aniline got mixed up in the samples and he checked and found a few that shouldn't have been labeled Modena Black. I guess they sell commercial lower quality leather as well.
Here are a couple more detailed comparison shots of both samples of Modena black.
Just received the Modena black samples and they are buttery soft aniline leather. The only problem is, a couple of months ago when I had just received the Siera black cushion and was concerned about how tacky and fake the leather felt, I asked my mom to request samples of both black leathers, because I didn't trust them to send me the correct ones. The Modena black sample she received from Rove wasn't aniline. Now I am comparing the Modena blacks and they aren't the same...
Ha! Actually, he told me that a potential customer told him about this thread and was concerned because of what I said about their leather. He wanted to reassure me that the leather really is aniline. This could be a lie, but who knows. I'll update once I receive the samples. But I will say that the first replacement they sent me with the "Siena black" leather was absolutely terrible leather. It felt like vinyl.I have a feeling though, that there are some Manhattan Home...
I heard back from Victor at Rove Concepts and he informed me that he did a little digging and apparently the Modena Black cushion they sent me is actually a prototype from their storage room where they store their spare parts and whatnot. It is a commercial lower grade leather and not the aniline Modena black. It was mistakenly sent to me by Melanie who I have been going through this whole time. She usually submits replacements through the production team but really...
Makes sense. Even with the defects though, the Modena black is a huge downgrade in my opinion. Hopefully they will go back to what they were using last year.