or Connect

Posts by MacGuffen

Not really. And I doubt he'd notice anyway. It's a real shame, the smooth, round shoulders were one of the nicest things about the Havana. Now my jacket looks like this:
When my tailor shortened the sleeves 1,5 cm from the shoulders on my jacket, it seems he made the right shoulder roped when he sew it back together. Is there some technical reason for this, or did he just screw up? The jacket had a natural shoulder when I bought it.   Right (roped):    Left (correct):
When my tailor shortened the sleeves 1,5 cm from the shoulders, it seems he made the right shoulder roped when he sew it back together. Is there some technical reason for this, or did he just screw up? It's the Havana Navy Plain, so the jacket had a natural shoulder when I bought it.   Right (roped):    Left (correct):
Turns out he's skilled enough to do it, but he charges 85 EUR... that's 37 % of what I paid for the jacket. Oh, the dark side of high salaries.
I agree. The problem is just that the sleeves would need to be shortened between 1,25 cm and 2 cm (0.49" and 0,79"), and I don't think my tailor is skilled enough to do that from the shoulders. I suppose he could simply remove the amount needed from the end of the sleeve, but there is only 4,5 cm (1.77") to the first button, and it looks weird if the buttons are too close to the end of the sleeve. Has anyone had the same conundrum?
Havana Navy Plain jacket. Keep the 46 or the 48? The 46 feels tight in the armholes and back during the "hugging test" and is shorter, but has correct sleeve length and suppression. The 48 feels more comfortable and is longer, but needs alterations in the sleeves and waist. The 48 looks slightly less boxy in real life than in the pictures. [[SPOILER]]   [[SPOILER]]   [[SPOILER]]   [[SPOILER]]
^^^ I like the flags.
It's early days, but I'll just put this out there. In the preview, there's a Cashmere Havana Navy jacket, C785. Which would be more appropriate as a standard, go-to navy blazer out of the cashmere and the Havana Navy Plain, C75704, released this summer? The cashmere looks heavier than the C75704. I'm leaning towards the C75704 since the cashmere looks too thick/warm.   Also, how does the Hudson compare to Havana? There's a navy Hudson jacket now too.
IMO, most of them look terrible anyway, not a huge loss. There's a reason they're discounted.
What about viscose? I've always thought Viscose was more breathable, but not as strong as, polyester.