or Connect

Posts by MacGuffen

Happy to say that Kent Wang has lived up to his great reputation for customer service, and offered to compensate me for the pocket square that was advertised as a darker burgundy.   For anyone thinking of buying the burgundy pocket square right now, there will be a new photo up soon to better reflect the color: 
There is no lighting that makes it look like the advertised color. I think that's obvious from the pictures.
Anyone else ordered the Burgundy satin pocket square? I was disappointed with the color, it looks nothing like the dark burgundy on the website. More like a wine/standard red. Was wondering if perhaps I got a lemon?  
There are two models with that name. Is it the £259 or £299 one?
What jacket is this? I can't find it in Europe.
Not really. And I doubt he'd notice anyway. It's a real shame, the smooth, round shoulders were one of the nicest things about the Havana. Now my jacket looks like this:
When my tailor shortened the sleeves 1,5 cm from the shoulders on my jacket, it seems he made the right shoulder roped when he sew it back together. Is there some technical reason for this, or did he just screw up? The jacket had a natural shoulder when I bought it.   Right (roped):    Left (correct):
When my tailor shortened the sleeves 1,5 cm from the shoulders, it seems he made the right shoulder roped when he sew it back together. Is there some technical reason for this, or did he just screw up? It's the Havana Navy Plain, so the jacket had a natural shoulder when I bought it.   Right (roped):    Left (correct):
Turns out he's skilled enough to do it, but he charges 85 EUR... that's 37 % of what I paid for the jacket. Oh, the dark side of high salaries.
I agree. The problem is just that the sleeves would need to be shortened between 1,25 cm and 2 cm (0.49" and 0,79"), and I don't think my tailor is skilled enough to do that from the shoulders. I suppose he could simply remove the amount needed from the end of the sleeve, but there is only 4,5 cm (1.77") to the first button, and it looks weird if the buttons are too close to the end of the sleeve. Has anyone had the same conundrum?