or Connect

Posts by ovlov

@YRR92 Yeah I figured as much. I'm still new to all this as well. I was offered my choice of a free PS with my tie order and that looked to nicest by itself. I have no experience with matching squares to outfits though.   I was actually originally hoping to wear it with a mid blue Sports jacket and a plain or simple patterned grenadine or wool tie.   The tie though I could get away with wearing with a standard navy suit our the same blue SJ. Thats pretty much my entire...
Haven't even come out of the packaging yet. I know the tie certainly isn't SF approved but I thought it would be nice to have one FU outfit. Sprezzing up the accessories seemed like a better idea than buying a whole new suit
Speaking of which. I just received my first non white PS today along with my first FU/'dandy' tie (large print paisley).  Can I wear them together? The tie is Red/Yellow and the PS is Red/Yellow with touches of blue and green. The only thing that makes me think they may be ok together is a- the tie is a paisley while the PS is floral and b- the ps is a madder print (I think, I've never seen madder before but the tie is a standard silk and the PS is a chalkier fabric with...
Actually IMHO Jeffrey West makes some pretty nice shoes. They are known for their ridiculous designs though which is obviously what they show in the article. My mate owns two pairs and swears by them. They are what piqued my interest in nice shoes and suiting to begin with. The more conservative styles that one would wear to the office have a pretty nice balance of being a little fashion forward while remaining conservative enough to remain CBD.
Given th number of tie freaks on this thread this is probably as good a place as any to ask... How much does tie fabric actually cost in terms of contributing to the overall value of a tie? I'm sure I've read someone somewhere assert that it is really was a small fraction of the price. Yet one of the reasons I justified PG purchases to myself is that my predilection for long wide ties means that guys like hober and Capelli slog me with surcharges that almost double the...
Just discovered this thread/store. Has anyone tried their house brand 'bespoke' cashmere ties? How to they hold up compared to hober/Capelli/etc? Prices with sf discount and ex vat look pretty unbelievable. (@tchoyC&A I'm sure you guys have at least a half dozen already )
@thromb if you like Vanda drop them a line. They can do express shipping which gets there in about 3/4 days I think. I think I had about 2 weeks notice for mine and was able to get them to do a custom order for me and it arrived in time. Gshen is usually fiery helpful if you have a deadline for an important occasion. Getting it monogrammed as well might be tough though, but it doesn't hurt to ask
On the issue of vat am I mistaken here? Has anyone managed to get vat deducted from their Capelli or passaggio purchases?
Really? A recent exchange with Capelli indicated to me that he doesn't use pure cashmere as it is too expensive. That said I might have misunderstood because I thought he meant that all of his ties on the web store "wool cashmere" section were blends but the tie I chose ended up being pure wool (still a lovely tie though, just not what I was expecting)
@Journeyman cappelli doesn't waive VAT (nor does Goanni); i presume it's a cheeky Italian practice. C&A thanks. Not sure if ill be able to make another order for a while but for reference, is that tie cashmere or just wool?