or Connect

Posts by ovlov

Sorry mate. If you're a big fat fatty like myself, you really shouldn't be suit shopping online. It's just too big a risk. Unfortunately it seems like tubby gents aren't expected to wear anything other than sacks. The only RTW suits I've found that even come close to properly fitting are from the cheap as junky places that sell nooname and house brand. (i'm not in america so I don't know who they would be the equivalent of there). For now I've resigned myself to going the...
Anyone have any experience with GJ Cleverly sizing? There's some sweet looking DMs on sale at Leather Soul atm from the George range but I can't find any threads on sizing advice or lasts
I imagine Aquila aren't usually $50 a pop. And high end shoes can be had at good discount too with some perseverance/luck . That said looking for some shoe advice. My brother had nothing to wear to my wedding and has ask for my advice on what to get. He is will to spend up to $250 for a pair of good dress shoes, I could maybe push him to 300 or pay part of it as a groomsman gift. Problem he is justifiably uncomfortable ordering off the net without trying on so he didn't...
A lot of people ordering carminas lately. A lot more commenting on the difficulty of orderi g without trying on. Leads me to wonder why so many of these purchasers have been happy with their orders. So how are you guys all negotiating the sizing/fit issue so well? Is there a trick to it we don't know about or are you all just super lucky?
It's not just that they last longer. My supervisor goes through 2 to 3 pairs of shoes a year. The most recent pair are 2 months old and already look like they've been through the wars. A good pair of shoes won't just last longer, they'll look much better longer too. I still get comments on my 'nice new shoes' even though they're almost 2 years old.
I was considering getting a pair of Plain toe whole cut oxfords in calf. However someone on another forum said that calf whole cuts are know good as the wrinkles will show up more and they'll look like junk pretty quickly.    Anyone else got any experience with these and if this is true why do high end shoe makers even sell such shoes? I guess this is maybe why she wholecuts seem so popular. In which case can anyone chime in on experience in sourcing cordovan leather and...
I would also like to voice my tentative interest
Hmmm. Knew there was something I forgot to ask about. I'd assume mines not unstructured since never mention. Are all their suits full canvas? What line do you guys usually go for? The classic, Roma or Napoli?
Finally took the plunge on my wedding suiting and used it as an excuse for my first P Johnson commission. Met with Tom last night and it was quit an experience. Those guys seem to really know their stuff. Still a little nervous about how it's going to turn out given then fabric I wanted wasn't actually there to see, and I was so overwhelmed by the number of options I pretty much let him guide me to some pretty 'interesting' options. That said I don't think I've seen a...