or Connect

Posts by ovlov

What's the difference between calf leather and "bovine leather"? I can't find any ref to it on any shoe forums. Shoes I'm looking at are calf inner lining with bovine leather uppers. All their shoes ate custom made so I could probably ask to have all calf. But the standard shoes looks nice (if a little 'home made') , so just wondering if this is something to steer clear of.
Henry Carter always has 10% for SF members.
I Spent a few years in Japan and never had the need for a credit or debit card at any time. I guess I could have used a Suica but what was the point? I quickly got used to stopping at an atm on the way home from work each pay day and casually withdrawing $2-3k in cash with which to pay rent, bills, shopping etc. I once left my wallet on the train with $600 in it. It was returned to my office within 2 hours without a single yen missing and the good samaritan ran off without...
Ok I'm just weird then. Never had problems with jeans of chinos but at work I have to keep my wallet in my desk and take it out when I drive its so uncomfortable. Key wise prob just have way too many. But can't be helped
I already have a regular bi-fold wallet but I've been finding both that and my keys a massive pain in the arse when it comes to storing them somewhere on my person while in business attire (bifold is too thick and sticks out through suit pants pocket and likewise with loose keys). As a result I started looking into coat wallets and key cases. I assumed this was the norm. Is there any other option? 
      About to pull the trigger on this baby. I've never actually even seen a coat wallet before though. It looks huge next to that i-phone. Is this normal size and hence fit in a standard suit pocket? Seems too good to be true for an Ettinger at that price ($80). comments?
Thanks Journeyman, I actually spotted this yesterday and had a quick look but didn't get time to figure out AUD price. Just have to hope it continues until my tax return turns up
Hard to consider the chinos objectively with such a sweet pair of monks hogging the limelight
I think I've asked this somewhere here before but never got an answer.   I have very mismatched feet. I have hear it is common for people to have one foot slightly larger than the other but in my case it is so pronounced that I really should be wearing two differrent sizes. I think one is an 10.5F and the other 11D. Obviously there is no way I can afford bespoke. But if I purchase MTO from Crockett and Jones, Edward Green or the like, am I able to order shoes with...