or Connect

Posts by ovlov

NOt sure what you mean unless you think it is the quality of the leather. However they are George Cleverleys so I would assume the leather is good stuff.
So jealous now. Wishing I got in on more of those special orders.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to shine lighter colored shoes?   I have a pair of double monks in antique tan and while they were originally my favorite shoes I find myself wearing them less and less simply because I cannot get a decent lasting shine on them. I shine them using Sapphir neutral creme and wax the same way I do my other shoes (which are all either black or navy), but unlike my darker shoes they seem to lose their lustre almost immediately and...
Huzzah! Chilling in Honolulu. Spent a day visiting the Leather Soul stores. Fantastic shops. Great guys. Ended up splurging on a coupleof sale items. oatmeal suede Trickers with green commando sole and some incotex casual trousers. Both about 40-50% . Will be living off white bread and 2 minute noodles for a while when I get home I think...
Checking out watches in the mall on my lunch break. A 6yo kid walks up to me, says "you look really good in that suit mister". Gives me a very genuine looking smile, a thumbs up, and wanders off back into the crowd. Not sure how to feel about this
Thanks Ernesto. Pity the $300 one is out of stock. Any other ideas or suggestion where I could find it Today ? (Need it by Thursday)
Either DJs sales or from SF B&S.A friend and I bought a bunch of Falke on here a couple months ago and I think it worked out to about $12 a pair.
Sorry if this has been covered, in the past my eyes have glazed over when seeing watch threads; but now I've been tasked with finding one at short notice for a retirement present. Is there a sweet spot for "budget" watches like there is for shoes? What's the cheapest I can get away with spending on a nice watch as a gift without just overpaying for brand names or "shiny! Pretty!"? Budget is looking about $200-300. Can maybe go a bit higher. Or am I wasting my time?
Anyone got enormous feet? http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/301265405462?nav=SEARCH
Not sure if I'm going nuts here, but is there any way/reason to darken shoes during a repair process? Here's the rub I got a pair of bespoke shoes made up for my wedding in navy. They were clearly navy when I chose them and when I received them. However there was an issue with fit. There was way too much room in tre toe box. So I took them back and was told they could be altered no problems. 6 weeks later they arrive. And I swear they are black now. If not black then such...