or Connect

Posts by DuckOB

Thanks Cold Iron, yes they wear much softer on hard surfaces now.  For 70 bucks, I now have a pair of shoes I can wear again.  Thanks for sharing that picture again...that is the one that made me go looking for the katmai in the first place.  Glad to hear they are still going strong!  
 thanks Jayce.  I was using the brown on my #8's and then lucked into this pair so it came in handyThanks Shawnc...from 0 to 2 in a few months.  Both impulse buys.  I really like the cigars.  I think we both have done some damage to our wallets lately  :)   Not sure I will venture into the lighter shades...but never say never on this forum!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Great pics over the past few days, the ravello shoes look great and that shined up cigar indy is awesome.   A few weeks ago I picked up a pair of cigar captoes on grant, on commando.   a first for grant and commando for me.   Here's a couple of pictures when I got them today.         I wiped them down with a wet rag, then applied lexol, wiped and brushed for about 10-15 minutes each and then wiped down again   looking better now       last, was to...
gr, I am a big fan of the gum lite.  I have resoled a 1k boot and an allen edmonds chukka recently to a gumlite.    You should get a lot of use out of those boots have a good weekend
I have a Katmai boot but have not been able to wear it due to the firm sole...needs something softer.   Thought you may be interested in the resole I did   Before       Resoled with the vibram gumlite       Not as good looking as the original, but has a chunky look and is comfortable. Glad to get some use out of these again as I really like the roughout leather.   Hope everyone is having a good weekend
  gr very cool, i didn't know that could be done.  Looks like a Jimmy boot now ( i think that is what Trickers calls their shorter boot)  I agree with Shawnc, nice work by the cobbler
Cld33. Would that be on the 2030 last? White, black or beige mini ripple? I like the mini versus the dainite but may be a hard sell I like the idea
  hahahaha   awesome third pic    how do you do that?????  plus I love using that emoticon when i can 
I got my jeans from their Kickstarter. I haven't gotten anything ordered directly through the web site yet. I'm actually a little surprised that my first order is still outstanding, since my it supposedly went into production about a month ago (someone contacted me to confirm some details).  It seems to take a month from when they get pulled onto the cutting floor, cut sewn and packaged. I received a tracking number earlier this week and according to USPS should...
Wkd80. Thanks for the info on sizing. Much appreciated. Enjoy your boots.