or Connect

Posts by Kingston83

I would really appreciate the professionals' opinions on this sport coat. It is a size 40R which is about what I normally take. My chest is closer to 41 but all of the suits that I have purchased have generally been a 40R. For reference the edge of my acromion process is right at the shoulder seam. I've never had the best of luck finding a perfect fit and "the shoulder's shouldn't extend past your natural shoulder" has never been of any real help to me. It seems to me that...
Could you possibly post a picture or two of your shoes? I also purchased the Mctavish in brown distressed leather. I followed the rep's advice on caring for them (cleaning conditioner and neutral polish) and since then the color has changed drastically. When I first received them I would have pegged the color as walnut, not brown. At this point they actually look like a true brown.    There seems to be a wide range of thought about how to take care of these shoes. The AE...
No, sizing has changed from what I understand, at least for NS. Check Contextclothing's guide. Wedding tackle aside, how do the jeans feel when you are moving to full ranges of motion? Example: getting in and out of my jeep was and still is awful. With one foot planted on the ground, and my right leg "lunging" into my jeep left me with, and I shit you not, serious inflammation of my inner-thigh/groin area. It was a full two weeks before it calmed down. All the years I...
What is considered really nice?
I just don't understand all the love then. So many people are experiencing crotch blow outs within a year. I thought the whole point of raw denim was personalization and durability...
  Stay away from small hems then Groves. At 5'8" my calves are 15.25" so I understand your problem. My only pair of slim tapered jeans goes from about 8.25 at the knee to 7.75 at the hem. The size of my calves blows out the lower leg so from the front the jeans look great. From the sides it looks like I'm wearing girl jeans :-P
Could someone list the actual knee and leg-opening/hem size for each of the fits? I am finding some discrepancies between websites... I thought all things being equal, a measured 33" waist for the weird guy/skinny guy was 7.5 or 15", and the slim guy 8.5 or 17"...
From Contextclothing.com: For APC NS...       Tagged Size Measured Size Waist Rise Thigh Knee Leg...
Why? For fades, contrast and whatnot? I have read tons and tons and tons now on raw denim and I came to a couple of conclusions: 1) If jeans are unsanforized you'll end up soaking them on the first wear and they seem to do well with fades and whiskering so why not go ahead with sanforized denim like APC? 2) Most of the posts that I have seen from people who stand by the no-wash-unless-necessary tend to all blow out their crotch/knees/seat in the first year (which to me...
  Looking at the measurements and images on contextclothing make me think something like the new cure would only make my problem worse. Especially if I stay with a 31 considering that 1" shorter rise.  Hey Blazen,   Those were the new tagged 32 NS... Take a look at the first set of photos I posted. Those are 4 day worn tagged 31 NS. The 32s fit perfect in the waist and are about as snug as the 31s were on the 3rd day.