or Connect

Posts by Kingston83

That would make sense for running shoes. They tend to run big because they have to incorporate a rather large insole, so that size 13 is sans insole.
I don't want to tell you your shoe size, but according to what you've reported your actual size is a 13 at least in length for that foot. The heel to ball measurement is the one that matters in terms of correct fit. The distance between the ball and where your toes end is of little consequence. If your toes were to be cut off at the second joint you would still wear the same shoe size. So you actually wear a full size less in the #5 last and depending on the width, can go...
 I'm not actually going by the room that I have in front of my toes, but rather where the ball of foot sits in the relation to the widest part of the shoe(s), and the amount of volume/depth above my toes in the vamp, not the toe box. I am going to the AE store again on Saturday to try on some shoes that they ordered in for me.
 Can I ask where the ball of your foot sits? Is it in the widdest portion of the shoe? With my experience in all the sizes that I haven't felt comfortable in, only the 8EEE fit the ball in the correct position. The 8.5 sits it back slightly behind the widest point and I would assume that the 9.5 would be even more drastic.
 I have but it is always to the same effect.
I'm really trying with AE, but after a year... yes a year, I just cannot find a single shoe that they offer with a proper fit. I still cannot understand why just about every style worth having is made on the #5 last, or rather, why the #5 last is so unbelievably inconsistent. Every single shoe fits different. I have had multiple Park Aves, Strands, McAllister's, et al, in my possession and I can say that no one size/fitting fits the same. And on top of size inconsistencies...
Thank you for the advice. I had my tailor rework the collar but I am sure that he did it by lowering it, not by raising it or increasing the fullness of the back. I've read through this thread a bit and agree with your assessment thought. Unfortunately the work is already done so I am "stuck" with this particular SC. Might I ask what your opinion is on the shoulders? They measure 18.5" point-2-point taken from the back. The last time I measured my shoulders, they were...
Sorry to post this twice but I think my original post was lost in the mix. Also, have the professional tailors stopped visiting this thread? The amount of activity has dwindled from what I've seen in the earlier posts.    I would really appreciate the professionals' opinions on this sport coat. It is a size 40R which is about what I normally take. My chest is closer to 41 but all of the suits that I have purchased have generally been a 40R. For reference the edge of my...
I would really appreciate the professionals' opinions on this sport coat. It is a size 40R which is about what I normally take. My chest is closer to 41 but all of the suits that I have purchased have generally been a 40R. For reference the edge of my acromion process is right at the shoulder seam. I've never had the best of luck finding a perfect fit and "the shoulder's shouldn't extend past your natural shoulder" has never been of any real help to me. It seems to me that...
Could you possibly post a picture or two of your shoes? I also purchased the Mctavish in brown distressed leather. I followed the rep's advice on caring for them (cleaning conditioner and neutral polish) and since then the color has changed drastically. When I first received them I would have pegged the color as walnut, not brown. At this point they actually look like a true brown.    There seems to be a wide range of thought about how to take care of these shoes. The AE...