or Connect

Posts by Reosymes

I have an aggressively slim suit listed (size 46, jacket waist measures almost 4'' less than pit to pit, pants measure 37). As expected, I have somebody asking me how much can the pants and the jacket be let out.   a) The pants have a curtained waistband, so I can't really say how much fabric is under it. Just from the slope of the line, I would expect the very top of the waist to have more fabric available than at the bottom of the waistband.     b) I don't know...
Isaia 7 fold tie with quite a bit of water damage at the bottom. Stated clearly, with pictures. Even said that the staining should be assumed to be permanent, but you can repurpose it as a pocket square if you like. Open my mailbox next week to see the tie returned (I don't take returns) with a strongly worded letter stating that he bought the tie thinking that his drycleaner would be able to work his magic on the tie. Dry cleaner said no mas. Buyer upset, blames me saying...
I'm considering ending all listings where the clothing item has a flaw, even when I've clearly photographed and mentioned it in the description. Both of my defects have come from tie sales of ~$20 each. One of the listings had the word 'DAMAGED' in the title. Still got dinged. It's not worth it.
Oh, I meant whatever number of times I need to fuck up to get a Below Standard rating, which is 5% or higher defect rate. I have ~115 lifetime transactions as a seller so 6 defects or higher gets me placed in that category, after which it's ban city. High volume sellers obviously have a bigger buffer when it comes to the number of defects.
I think most sellers here don't worry about whether a potential customer would be turned off by feedback and seller status. I personally don't. Once the buyer lands on your item page, your item kind of speaks for itself, and that's where good quality photos/pricing/description helps. The complaint more often than not is ebay itself making it hard on the sellers, by introducing bullshit policies to create more defects, take away discounts, make the sellers lose their...
Time to get on the phone and talk to an ebay agent. If you have supporting pictures that'll help, too. From what I've read, he definitely can't return the shirt now and leave negative feedback because he washed it and made a hole in it. Not sure if he can still claim Item not as described and win that case. Even if the case is resolved in your favor (most likely scenario) just the fact of him opening a NAD case counts as a defect (I think), so that part sucks.
If the buyer washed the item then it's not in the same condition as it was received, so you can win the case. Did he acknowledge it or are you guessing this on the condition that you received the item? If you can get it in writing, you should be good to go. Not that I've experienced this myself but I'm basing this upon what I've read in this thread. You can try to coax this information out of the buyer by asking innocuous questions like 'did you handwash it or put it in...
The top one is D'Avenza.
Damn. Hope it gets better soon. How bad is it?
Not gonna make into an Oscar-acceptance speech, but thank you guys for all your help and advice.     With 115 lifetime transactions and 2 defects already I don't expect to hold on to it for long, but it's a good feeling nevertheless. I don't offer returns so this is the highest I can climb up this greasy pole. Do I still get some discounts, though? Ebay's language is confusing. They start off with Top Rated and immediately segue into the discounts sellers will be able...