or Connect

Posts by Reosymes

Not gonna make into an Oscar-acceptance speech, but thank you guys for all your help and advice.     With 115 lifetime transactions and 2 defects already I don't expect to hold on to it for long, but it's a good feeling nevertheless. I don't offer returns so this is the highest I can climb up this greasy pole. Do I still get some discounts, though? Ebay's language is confusing. They start off with Top Rated and immediately segue into the discounts sellers will be able...
I'm actually curious about this. How many here would've purchased that Kiton Suit at that price to flip? I wouldn't (no cash).
More from that blog (highly recommended reading, btw). http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/4/1398299697.html Sellers Present Tough Defect Scenarios in eBay Webinar 
This has to be an added headache for consignors, too, having to deal with a paypal case 6 months after paying the consignees. Ugh. Not that the sky is falling yet, but I don't trust ebay's intentions anymore. Like txwoodworker said, they'll just keep squeezing until they get some pushback.
You fight it on paypal, I'm guessing. Reading ecommercebytes posts. Quite entertaining. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/8/1408060223.html  He makes the big bucks for his communication skills:  For fuck's sake.
That's your first mistake. The joke may or may not be funny, but what's really funny is you throwing (made up) statistics at a standup comedian to prove his joke wrong.
My guess is that paypal saw the 100% refund and counted it as a cancelled transaction. Ebay then went into my messages, saw that it was about a damaged item, and gave me a defect on 'cancelled transaction because you didn't have the item or sold it to someone else'. Wtf. They couldn't have given me a defect for NAD because the buyer left me all 5 stars, so they resorted to this. I asked them how can this defect be classified under cancelled transaction when neither I nor...
Wow, ok. So I finally get to talk to someone. The defect was not about that item, it was something else.   Someone bought a wool tie. As I was shipping it I noticed a small hole in it. I refunded the buyer completely, sent him a message with my apologies, and shipped the tie to him anyway as a gesture of good faith. I didn't request a cancellation from ebay so they still made their fees. Buyer gets the tie, leaves glowing feedback.     Ebay dings me. Person I talked...
Ebay can be so petty sometimes. I wanted to have a bullshit defect removed (mutually agreed upon canceled transaction using 'Other' as reason, ebay defects me for 'canceled transaction because you didn't have the item or sold to someone else'). Anyway, so I go to customer support, and I only get the 'Call us' option. Been on hold for 40 minutes. On a whim, I decided to follow the link to customer support but this time I clicked on 'Fees, billing, and invoices' as the...
Thanks, guys. High part, indeed! Forgot that they're 3 dimensional objects.