or Connect

Posts by David Copeland

Original?  Hmmm . . . how they have changed:  
  You may wish to try Lexol to your briefcase.   Review this:  Amazon Link   All my best, David
Nice shine.   (What model of car is that in the picture?)
  I see you were selling these size 10b's on eBay for $499 before dropping the price to $219.   Silly question, but if someone were to locate a size 13d . . . how much would they be worth?  
  From one Long Branch to another . . . how about a larger photo!   And did you add a shine to them?   David
  If at all possible, I would not trust any of my Allen Edmonds shoes to be recrafted by anyone except AE.     Now that you mention it, they did suggest I could avoid having my shoes returned to the original out-of-the-box fit if they were able to use the existing welt and just recraft the remaining portions of the shoes.  They told me that an inspection could provide an answer to the welt issue.
A spot check for a specific style can be done at their LIVE CHAT link, or a quick phone call to the 800 customer support.   Otherwise, the best method is to email any one of the outlet stores, tell them your size(s) and they will email you a nationwide list to choose from.   Enjoy the journey, David
When I spoke to the Allen Edmonds Recrafting department, they did mention that any natural expansion in the cork area of the shoe would be lost through the recrafting process - because recrafting returns the shoe to the original out-of-the-box fit.  They mention they have seen nearly whole size differences over time, and when customers got back their recrafted shoes they complained because the shoes felt like they were too small.   They did, however, mention they would...
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS   Even after a fourth viewing of this great film with great actors - the story is still as gripping as when I first viewed it.   If you live in moderate to big size city - this one will be a continual reminder of how "professional" relationships can take a strange twist. David
  Here is a 16mm film from a VERY long time ago that AE produced:     This film is absolutely amazing as it nears the end.  AE made these shoes, with no nails, and total flexibility.  So flexible that its nearly impossible for me to describe!  You just have to see what I mean.  I don't think they make shoes like this anymore, but what an achievement back in those days.  (Imagine holding your shoes under a faucet of water, and then wringing them out as you would do a wet...