or Connect

Posts by EliodA

Congrats on the new job @SYCSYC! Nice look, though I think the donegal tie doesn't quite go with the navy worsted suit.
   What part of @Pliny's feedback wasn't constructive? He gave you concrete and practical advice about the lack of contrast in your outfit. And he told you it would look better if you'd have your clothes pressed and he advised you to use collar stays.You won't get unanimous feedback, because different people have different interpretations of 'Classic Menswear'.E.g., Pliny favours high contrast between top and bottom half, others (like me) don't think that so important....
 The opposite: poplin is wrinkly. Yet, more formal.
A belated merry Christmas to all! @Roycru is that Dom Perignon?
What is sea chicken? And fix your collar, man
 Thanks, didn't know about the different lines. Some Googling shows me an entirely handmade shirt, indeed. Looks gorgeous.
   You should take a closer look, then. At least on my Ingleses only the sleeve inset is handsewn, the rest is done by machine. Very neatly done, true. But on my Kiton's virtually every seam is done by hand, as well as the buttonholes. Is it worth triple the price? That I cannot tell.And, as DT says, I rate Attolini shirts even higher. Best RTW shirts, IMO. Charvet, I don't know. From what I've seen, they don't appeal to me at all.
Are you serious? I like the cut of Inglese, but just compare the quality of the fabrics and the hand work. It's no contest, Kiton is better. But still not the best.Oh oh, overloaded? Don't tell me you're starting to go the SF way... I think it doesn't harm Stanley, a little bit more bulk on top. Agreed on the button stance. Slightly lower would have made it perfect.
@New Shoes1 I prefer the navy one over the grey one. It is better proportioned and looks a lot cleaner. The trousers are a bit too long for my taste and yes, the lapels could be a bit wider. And a tad more room 'round the chest. The grey one is more problematic, IMO. Though you tell us that the grey one is roomier, the jacket seems to be too tight in the chest (bowing lapels and overlapping quarters, may also be a balance issue). And the buttoning point a bit too high...