or Connect

Posts by EliodA

Great stuff, Ivan! Thanks for sharing.
@DonRaphael, the only pair I would consider with a SC would be the dub monks. And then only with relatively formal SC's, like a navy blazer.
Yes they are informal. Shirt fabric doesn't look too formal either. @The Noodles is it a cotton linen blend? Great fabric.
Black knit. Grey suit.
 My spread collars are around 4cm high and 8.5 cm long. It depends on collar height and angle of course, but 3.5" sounds indeed plenty.I remember @clapeyron even used CAD software to plot the ideal collar dimensions for his Luxire shirts...
 Yup, looks right to me as well. Next time, @The Noodles I suggest to get slightly longer collar points though. Make sure they rest on your collar bone (what's in a name...). Now they appear to be floating slightly, even before wearing a tie. It probably won't be a big deal when you're wearing a jacket, but longer collar points will also give you a nice arch/roll to the collar with jacket & tie.

Now I understand why @spectre started this thread about wearing suits with desert boots...
 I'd better quilt then...
 As you say, a little short. To my eyes, the main issue with jc's jacket is that it looks too small overall, throwing the proportions off. @Cotton Dockers very nice tie and SC. But as already noted, the completely unstructured shoulders don't really flatter you here. @patliean1, welcome. Suit seems to fit well and I like the roped shoulders. Overall, I'd tone down on patterns and colours, though. A bit too much going on for my taste. Also, i think a 'normal' wide spread...