or Connect

Posts by EliodA

You're 6'1 and base your opinion about what works on shorter men on pics from JCM. I have been 5'7 for the past 3 decades or so and speak from experience. Who is fooling himself here? I just explained that from my own experience shorter jackets are not always a good choice and cuffs do not add significant girth or stubbiness.
 I like the suit very much and the low contrast idea. But the stripes of shirt and tie are too close in scale and the shoes look too coarse/casual for such a refined suit.
 Being a short person myself, I can say from experience that only about half of the tips above make any sense.Yes to slightly stronger shoulders and a lower buttoning point. But, I've found that the width of the lapels doesn't have much influence on perceived body length, as long as the V created by a lower buttoning point affords enough "verticality". Besom pockets may be a bit more flattering than flap or patch pockets, but not that important IMO. So for a suit, choose...
@upr_crust can show you all how contrast collars can be worn tastefully.
I can pronounce Terre de Sommières. No idea how to pronounce diatomaceous though.It might be a challenge to get the stuff here.
Funny that, you calling other people self righteous.
Couldn't have said it better. In fact, if I'd had tried, it would have sounded a lot less, ehm, diplomatic.
What's with the "Asians" bit? That wasn't necessary.
Dear fellow FOMEFKAN's (forum members formerly known as Noodlers), sorry to interrupt this interesting conversation for a clothing related question: does anyone know how to get olive oil stains out of suede shoes?