or Connect

Posts by EliodA

Nonsense, it's the favourite iGent combo and you can find a zillion pics of navy SC + grey trouser combo's here on SF, Instagram and Tumblr. None of them look like a security guard. If you do want to look like a security guard, make sure everything is at least two sizes too big and very ill fitting. The center vented jacket and the trousers should be of the cheapest poly/wool mix available. Trouser legs should be wide enough to be flapping around happily when you cruise...
If there should be a single absolute rule in menswear it should be to never use the word bingo. In mixing seasonal items, it's my experience that you can sometimes use F/W accessories with a S/S base, while the other way around never seems to work. I.e., wool tie with fresco suit can be alright, but a linen tie with a flannel suit just seems off. This includes the often seen (at least on SF) combination of shantung tie with heavier weight jackets, but maybe that's just my...
 I don't know enough about the history, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the rules-as-social-norms have their origins in an aesthetic considerations. E.g., the strict rule for black and white in formal wear: The stark contrast and absence of colour creates a serious impression, so that's why it's been adopted as a rule for formal settings. Even though the principle at work is an aesthetic one.Admittedly, this is pure conjecture from my side, perhaps someone with more...
Rules are like recipes. The beginning home cook is best adviced to follow the recipe to the letter in order to avoid a disaster, but the exprienced chef with his wealth of knowledge about ingredients and culinary history merely follows the spirit of the original recipe to create his own interpretation of the dish.
Like this?Clearly not good. I see what you're hinting at, but that is taking this whole congruency thing too far, IMO.Besides, there are colours which are seen as S/S by some, while others think of them as F/W. Like orange, for example.
 What's wrong with your pic? I only see a strange encoded text string
 I think this picture perfectly illustrates why you may find smaller neats more challenging, helden: the small size of the tie pattern itself already looks 'restless' because you get a bit of a moiré and the scale clashes with the stripes of the shirt, which are of a fairly normal spacing.With a larger neat pattern you have neither of these two problems. Of course you can adjust the stripes of your shirt or wear a plain one, but then you still run the risk of a a busy...
But he cannot sit down with them.
It's sarcasm ...
No, it's not.