or Connect

Posts by EliodA

Thank you once again. I used to be into watches a lot more (JLC, Zenith) but now I only have an IWC and a simple Sinn. It's a dangerous hobby, watches. One can easily spend a fortune, money that nowadays I prefer to spend on my own little 'flower garden' as @Cleav so poetically calls it.I think you have a point there,AJL. IMO a tie knot should be in proportion with the shirt collar. I like to wear rather tall collars and with those shirts I try a somewhat bigger knot.Just...
@ridethecliche, please use the multi quote function
Thank you, very kind. I am flattered.@upr_crust I've said it before and I'll say it again: earth tones suit you best. Great look!
XFC  
Wasn't planning to participate in this one, but unexpectedly had to don a suit this morning. Not the most inspired combination, I know...  
It suits you well. I think you have the right complexion for wearing pink shirts as well. Give it a try...

I see my 'don't fiddle with your tie' has created a bit of a discussion. Let me clarify. It's the one piece of clothing advice I remember taking from my usually rather stylish Granddad. He meant: just put it on in the morning and how the knot turns out, that's how it's going to be for the day. Some days the knot will be a bit too big, or the dimple be off centre, but at least it won't be perfect. I know guys like Spoo get a lot of love here for their perfectly knotted...
RTC, I'd say they're all too attention grabbing to be really interview appropriate. Don't you have anything more soporificised? If I had to choose, I'd go for the blue stripes on the left of image 2.
@clarinetplayer if the quality of your hot cocoa is anything like that of your suit and tie, it should be the best you've ever tasted.