or Connect

Posts by mdubs

@Mghart, my vote in order of preference would be as follows: 1. Black Shell NST Boot on Plaza2. Black Shell Naval Boots3. Black Shell WT Boot on Plaza4. Black Shell NST Boot on Barrie5. Black Shell Indy Boot6. Black Shell CT Boots If you tend to favor denim or casual, I would go with 1, 2, 4, or 5.If you tend to favor suits or slacks, I would go with 1, 3, or 6. Frankly, any of those boots are going to be rad and should be able to go up or down in terms of formality....
 Congratulations on your first pair of Aldens! A fine pair to pick, especially given your historical purchases. I hope that you enjoy your new Indy boots. And yes, Alden's boots definitely have a more substantial presence to them, in a good way!   IC, those pants are just awesome. They look A LOT like my Epaulet Navy Barberis Flannels that I got made by Southwick. Looks great with Black Shell. I probably would do a simpler sock with that pant though.   Looking good MrV....
Causal Friday. Alden Choco Suede Tankers. Gustin Tan Selvedge Chinos.    [[SPOILER]]   -Mike
[[SPOILER]]  Those Color 8 LHSes look absolutely beautiful! I hope that you wear them in the best of health! Congrats on being willing to try a variety of widths to find your perfect fit!   Looking great in your Indy Boots. Those are a cool makeup with the Suede Color, Natural Edges and Brass.   All great and valid points, I *assume* that he will eventually merge this with his standard site and use Browser User Agents to direct the user to the respective appropriate...
Hah. I actually didn't intend to make it a LWB week. It just worked out that way apparently. :-) -Mike
Those Teaks need to come home!!!
Thursday. Alden Black Shell Cordovan LWB. Marcoliani Purple Argyles OTC. Epaulet Dusty Purple Basketweave Walt Trouser.    [[SPOILER]]   -MIke
 Nice looking boots with a nice golden color, but please post in the Marketplace. We don't want this thread to become saturated in sales requests... :-)   Don, that is the epitome of summer. Hope that you had a nice day!   Adam, very nice, the website is really cool and an innovative way to utilize a touch device. Wish more sites were that good, maybe I need to refresh my blog... :-O   The quoting here came out funny, but your Ravello Gunboats are superb and you wore them...
Ha. Good to see my Last eye is still working! ;-)Congrats on your new purchase! I hope that you enjoy your new Alden's and get many years of use out of them.Steve, great review! It's always great to see feedback on Alden's restoration. Based upon your write up, I can assume that no notes were left on any pairs requesting that they don't get refinished. Thanks for taking the time to do the before and after pics. The antique edge on the Whiskey LHSes makes such a huge...
Ha, gotcha. They do look a bit sleeker than the Marlow, that makes sense now. They actually look really nice with those edges.-Mike