or Connect

Posts by styleconsultant

My pleasure!!
Hi all, I want to share with you the last interview I made Mr. Pepe Albadalejo from Meermin. I'm sorry it is in spanish, but you can translate it with google or within the blog http://www.style-consultant.info/2013/10/charlando-con-pepe-albadalejo-de.html Enjoy!! Hoy tengo el placer de traeros esta entrevista con Pepe Albadalejo, fundador de la marca mallorquina Meermin, de la que hemos hablado muchas veces y que a mí personalmente me encanta (de hecho son varios los...
  I've not tried but I know him personally. As always, from the photos there're some pieces I love and some other I don't like at all, but you never know if those clothes you don't like were an idea from the tailor or a customer request...
  That's a very good argument. It's true. If you want a true neapolitan shoulder, nothing like their's. What I mean is that finding a good tailor is not easy, and the amount of money you have to pay for a new suit or jacket is not low to change in any new piece. Then I prefer to give my tailor the chance and be very very clear in what I want from him. Sometimes the tailors can do much more than we expect, but we never give them the opportunity to demonstrate :-). But,...
  I agree, but imagine that you have a tailor that has made some structured jackets for the winter and you want an unstructured one for summer. Do you trust him or go to Naples because they use to work this way? I would prefer to see what my tailor can do, and I'm sure that, if he's a good tailor, he will be able to do anything if you explain properly. In the same way, I would give a neapolitan tailor the opportunity to make an structured jacket, and I'm sure they can...
  That's true. I'll try to share more photos of the sport jackets being constructed in the photos.
That was in fact one of the questions I made in the interview, and he answered that the tailor can have a defined style, but he must be able to adapt it to the customer's request.If I go to Naples and I ask them to give me a more structured shoulder, I expect them to be able to do it, because they must do more than only the neapolitan jacket, with or without "rollino", as they call it. In this case is the same: if you request some specific style, the tailor must be able to...
Sorry for coming so late to this thread. That's correct. The tailor traveling with Burgos is Larrainzar. You can see some pieces of his work in this other thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/345852/some-photos-from-spanish-tailor-what-do-you-know-about-spanish-tailoringThey travle around 3-4 times a year to NYC
Totally agree. You only have to see the handmade buttonhole in the photo.
Yes, in fact Larrainzar and Reillo are 2 of the most well-known tailors in Spain.