or Connect

Posts by TKCSA

Someone may wish to correct me, but I thought the half sizes were only a width increase. Was this an RMW store, or a third party retailer?
For those interested, I should clarify this again (said it many pages ago, but it bears repeating): I should add that I am talking  about orthotics made by a podiatrist, specifically for your own foot. By their nature and construction, these tend to be thicker than the generic ones that many people add to their shoes, so in many cases my advice may not apply, especially if you use a thin orthotic. Mine, for example, are 34mm thick at their highest point (outer edge of the...
 Many apologies for the lengthy delay in response to this (it's been a while since I frequented), but just in case this is still relevant... Significantly, in comparison. If you wear orthotics, go with the Dynamic Flex and remove the insole, the 'bigger Craftsman' option just isn't worth it. As well, apparently as part of the MTO process, they can also tailor an insole to the exact shape of your orthotics if you so wish (e.g. if you want leather screwed soles). However I'm...
For those of us who happen to live in Adelaide (home of RM Williams), I figured I should remind you that the annual R.M. Williams 10 day factory sale starts next week. Personally, I plan on taking shameless advantage of living here to grab a couple of pairs of boots at least, maybe some other stuff, I'll have to peruse the catalogue... Depending on what you plan to pick up, you can get ~50% of retail prices for seconds - and R.M.'s quality control is such that sometimes...
So I have a question about your recommended 'Presidential Shine'.   I have just bought a couple of pairs of brand new RM Williams boots and have the products on hand to ensure that no shoe care product other than Saphir ever touches them (hey, why not). Keep in mind I've never actually used any of these products before (or anything other than a simple wax polish and a brush).   So, because they may be a bit dried out from storage, the first thing I did was to...
I don't. But with what I have learned by reading this forum, I am about to.   Primary reason: So that when I am in a formal setting for work, especially at the 'big office', I look up to standard (I'm a political staffer).   Secondary reason: I like to look nice.
So by the sounds of it, I should hurry up and pull the trigger on a few pairs, before the inevitable price 'adjustment'...or change to more 'cost effective' construction techniques.  
  To this I should add that I am talking specifically about orthotics made by a podiatrist, specifically for your own foot. By their nature and construction, these tend to be thicker than the generic ones that many people add to their shoes, so in many cases my advice may not apply, especially if you use a thin orthotic.   Mine, for example, are 34mm thick at their highest point (outer edge of the instep), which as you can imagine makes it difficult to just throw them...
To follow the above, which I hope somebody may find useful, I had a question.   I really like the look of the 'forum special', but I suspect that my orthotic issue with the standard Craftsman would extend to the rest of the line, and mean that my foot would not fit comfortably into it (the primary problem is the height of the upper, incidentally, as my orthotics are relatively thick in the instep).   For those more knowledgable than I am, is there a solution to...
Some information that I thought might come in handy for those of you who, like me, wear orthotics and are thus usually limited by your shoe choices.   After visiting five different RM Williams stores in Sydney and Adelaide, I have discovered the following:   Every salesperson I spoke to suggested that I get the standard Craftsman, but take the size up by 1/2 - 1 size in order to accommodate the orthotic (in my case, this was a full size). This...kind of works,...