or Connect

Posts by gimmeabreak

Ben,are you planning to get serious about pants :) ? In particular, high rise (13" rise minimum), double forward (!) pleats, etc. all the good stuff... (I can't find these anywhere, except O'Connell's which are a bit overpriced, ant fabric choice is limited). Hopsack high risers in particular would be awesome... (I gave slim low-risers an honest chance, and after multiple years of trying to convince myself otherwise, I concluded that they are completely unwearable :( )
Ben, we need a basic dark brown corduroy jacket in our lives. Hopefully one of the new Bella Spallas...
I think one general problem with the Bella Spalla models is that the waist is just way too tight - e.g. for sz 40R it is 38" on the first bella spalla, and 39" on the second iteration. It needs to be at least 40" for me to consider buying another one. (For reference, I am 5'8" 160 lbs. I.e. not a delicate flower, but not chubby either. Most OTR stuff fits me pretty good). I see this also in many of the fit pics people have posted above - it ruins the fit and the drape...
This is being sold as a sport coat, but looks like orphaned suit jacket. Would you wear it as SC, and if so, how?  It is navy with  a pretty nice awning stripe (not pinstripe) pattern.Thanks!       And this is a closeup of the pattern:  
Eh, that's a pity :( (I was hoping for at least 3.5" ; at least I will save a lot of money :)). It is strange, but I think the 3" borderline works on suits (i have  a classico), but all the sportcoats I have with 3 or even 3.25 lapels just annoy me :(. I have a couple of sportcoats from the benjamin  luxury collection, with the almost 3.25" lapel; love the fabrics and the fit, but the damned lapels make me go "eh..." every time I wear them :'(
Hm, I just noticed the bit about the lapels being narrower on the Bella Spalla. How wide are they exactly now? I hate narrow lapels and I was really looking forward to something wider :(.
  Good point. Not only I do have a Classico II suit, I have one in size 38 and it fit pretty well back then before I bulked up slightly (the comparison is still valid, since I went up in size pretty evenly all over).So basically I suppose the differences in cut will greatly determine how a jacket feels, not just the raw measurements.I remember wearing some Howard Yount jackets in the interim period (I think they have the same measurements as the new Benjamins), and they...
 That's strange. I felt that the Napoli is slim (i wear 40R and have true 40" chest), and that anything more than that would be tight (and a main reason I'm still hesitating to dip into the new line, as it is an inch tighter in the chest and the waist). 3" allowance in the chest is pretty standard, no? I am pretty average/athletic build and even the Napoli in my regular size (40R for an actual 40" chest) occasionally feels snug, cant really imagine going an inch down. I'd...
  Can you post your measurements, and which size coat you got? This batch of coats is slimmer, and I'm really debating if I should size up from my regular 40R
I like the look and will give it a try, not sure about the shorter length but will probably be fine. Anyhow, the overall concept is what i personally need Whoa, if you had to modify the model to have more room, I wonder how tight their house model is - based on the listed measurements, i'd still have to size up over my usual size for sure