or Connect

Posts by cappedncollared

I had an extended loan of one. They are certainly capable of good coffee, but it felt like a lot of work getting everything heated up and then dialling in shots. I've had the luck of being able to try a lot of home coffee solutions and always find myself coming back to the commandante hand grinder, alternating between the hario v60 and kalita wave. Cheap, clean, simple and a both capable of a great cup. 
Bump.
I would be interested to know to know the process, if you're willing to share. Is there a basted fitting and are garments sent back to Seoul after each fitting for adjustment?
 I think Nabil's advice is spot on. Personally, I feel either underdressed or too 'loud' in cotton trousers with an odd-jacket the moment a colleague puts on a dark wool suit jacket, even without a tie. Regardless of fit, quality, colour and texture, it just feels like they live at different ends of the formality spectrum. If wearing jackets really is a rare situation, go for it.  I think dark brown and dark green cotton suits can also look great when cut right. But I'm...
Mine were on the seam rather than the waistband by default, but I would specify your preference for the avoidance of doubt.I have never had them dig into me, either with luxire or any other maker.
Unionmade's site are probably for the previous cut. 
 If anyone is interested, I received a response directly from Unis on this.  Measurements below.  Gio Size 30Waist measurement (Across finished top of waistband): 32”Front rise  (finished top of WB to crotch): 10”Back (finished top of WB to crotch): 15 1/4”Thigh (1” below crotch – edge to edge): 12”Knee (14” below crotch seam): 8”Leg opening: 7 ¼”Inseam: 35” Gio Size 31Waist measurement (Across finished top of waistband): 33”Front rise  (finished top of WB to crotch): 10...
might be a long shot, but has anyone got detailed measurements for 31, 32 or 33 (or all three) for the current gios model? Particularly interested in waist, thigh and knee measurements.    I can see measurements on the unionmade site but they suggest no vanity sizing so might reflect previous seasons. 
I had a suit replicated but don't have any pictures comparing the two. I consider that the fit achieved was very good. The construction and detailing on the jacket, however, was quite different - much heavier padding and canvassing (heavier than I've ever seen before), button hole spacing wider, etc. My main recommendation would to be prescriptive with design choices. The tailors are not likely used to the preferences and nuances of a SF-type customer such as light...
 I'm not from Melbourne, so others might be best placed, but Padre / Brunswick East Project have always seem to have a good range of quality, filer roast, single origins on offer.   Dr Bronner's peppermint soap for everything.  The documentary is worth a watch, too.