or Connect

Posts by Nikola

Does Anyone know more about this model? I only have a photo and info that say it's for the AW 14. Amazing last and color.
Does anyone own a Grasmere derby on 202 last? Thinking of pulling the trigger but the shoe is a mystery. Cannot find more than two different photos on the web including the catalogue shot.
Great, thanks!Can you share your thought on fit? If I wear a UK9E in Crockett Jones loafers, oxford and derby, would it be reasonable I go with that size too when ordering a Snowdon?Heard from a few guys that they actually had to size down a half size as they claimed there's a lot of space in those boots. I'm not in a position to try them on at all and a deadline for ordering via Bodileys is beginning of December.
^ Actually the fit is GREAT everywhere else except in the heel area which is loose, makes my heel feel so tiny thus slipping out of the shoe. Really strange fit that never happened with any of my other Northampton shoes.
After about one month I purchased the Plum Museum Lopez, I thought it was worth adding a William II to my collection. I was all happy and trilled about their arrival, but than the nightmare scenario happened. First, I would like you all know that I'm buying all my John Lobb shoes completely sight unseen, as I am nowhere near any JL retail store. I was lucky enough to guess the right size at the beginning based on reading all the posts on SF year ago about sizing. While...
Thank You very much PCK1 and CTBr. The military influenced shape of the vamp, which has the 'moustache' shape made these boots handsome in my book. The lines are clean&simple and I find a lot of places where I can rest my eye .. They somehow remind me of a much expensive EG Galway but are reasonably priced at 475 GBP and are cheaper more than double. The Commando sole looks really solid too. I feel they will give me a lot of fun this winter in a snowy covered field.  
Should I expect to experience the wet interior lining with Snowdon if worn during heavy rain and snow? As I understood it's the Veldtschoen construction, connoting it's waterproof. But would like to hear a first hand thoughts. I need a hardcore winter boot, more than a fancy looking and I have a feeling Coniston is more of a autumn and early winter type of boot. This photo made me fall in love for Snowdon.
Photos clearly show it's the coolest 202.
Thank You guys! Actually the price of William lasted trees is the same as their Generic shape tree. I would never consider buying JL generic trees though as I think 30$ saphir generic tree will do equally good job. Once it's not lasted, not much of a difference to justify the price gap IMO.
@Mark Lee Jin Yi What shoe trees do you use for William II? I just saw John Lobb made lasted trees for the 9795 last, that is William last which they claim to fit perfectly. The shape really does differ to their generic trees, so I guess this could be a good investment. http://www.johnlobb.com/en/william-shoe-trees