or Connect

Posts by Nikola

Reporting In. Received the parcel early this morning. Thought I received a sniper rifle upon opening the big box as it had 2 layers of thick bubble paper and a 2 layers of protective heavy paper all wrapped around making the umbrella itself completely invisible. My suspicions proved right. First, after I eagerly got my hands on the handle through all the paper I noticed the original price was still attached, and it said $295 (luckily my custom agent was lazy enough not...
I am still waiting for the umbrella. Long trip from the USA+Customs in my state that were pretty busy around the Easter.. I should receive it Monday or Tuesday finally and will, of course, report back with some photos so you guys could tell your thoughts .. Really excited, I remember this umbrella had a lot of watchers on ebay, and a jack pot would be if the handle is made of a continuous piece of wood (solid) ..
I'm not sure, I just started wearing it. However after 3 long walks I could already tell it's pretty sturdy, much harder than Dainite, though Dainite feels a bit more connected to the surface.. That's at least my personal experience so far ..
My Mr Porter Lopez makeup on the Spring sun before the first wear past week .. I really like the soles on these, much better grip and feel compared to leather ones, though not prettier .. But the Plum Museum and November sole (in April) really is a interesting gemish.
End up on these at 50% off the current price list, but the classically rounded toe and comfy last get me into purchase .. Always pleasantly surprised how the Crockett Jones fit my feet better than any JL and EG last combined ..Anyway, nothing much to see here, just a working horse pair of Oxfords for everyday use..   [[SPOILER]]
The only logical explanation why these still are unsold is a "bigger than average" size ..
The direction of the company lately is a disaster. I was browsing their online catalogue and all I could find are some ugly Spring loafers and these wanna be Lanvin sneakers with the stratospheric price. This will either be a total failure for the company or a success if they manage to attract tasteless east Europeans (though I'm pretty sure those guys would primarily purchase the Lanvin/Gucci shoes as John Lobb itself would be too classy and pricey no matter how they try...
Couple of guys I know, including me, have the exact same problem. Half size down is not the solution as it will hurt your toes. The size is good, it's just there is something strange going on with the heel area for some of us. I do not experience this problem at all with my John Lobb or Crockett Jones.
Really hard to sell the Galway for a 1K once they left the store IMO ..
Gents, I've been lurking the ebay couple of days ago, and decided to type the "fox umbrella" in the search bar. It turned out there is one interesting Fox Umbrella make up there so I hit the buy it now button. Now waiting it's arrival. My question is: Could the seller be wrong with the description? He is a huge seller, selling all kinds of stuff and said this umbrella was on display in major department store. He's not the type of seller specialized with these things. He...