or Connect

Posts by fistinyoface

Only another brown pain in the same size as mine: UK 10/ EU 44. I'll probably pick those up too. The browny purple persimmon dye will degrade and decompose in a visually more satisfying way.
The quality seems fine. Andrew McDonald is responsible for their footwear, and he's got a good history behind him.   The toe is actually very bulbous. Here it is stacked up against some of the other family members - click for big.  
Here's some pics of the SftM derbies I got earlier this week. Camera phone quality and Margiela inspired floorboards:   [[SPOILER]]   Looking forward to wearing these suckers in to the ground and gaining those sweet, sweet linen tears.
Thread title change, eh? Couldn't we just have it changed to 'artisinal streetwear' as a catch-all? Instead of the slightly awkward 'baller' adjective and often ignored footwear category, we'd have all our bases covered.   Or was the change simply in retaliation to the posting of the Edward Green's?
Yeah, sure.
No real measuring stick for me. Different leathers have their differing charms. Generally, though, I don't like the really thick leathers. My climate may have an influence on that.
How do you define and measure best?
The sterility of the buys is disheartening. How many posts showcasing someone's new A1923 double zips or CCP tornadoes can this thread take? Add in a handful of response questions on sizing and you have about half the posts lately.   I've just picked up a pair of SftM linen over leather derbies. I'll post some pics of my own when I get back home. Here's an old stock pic.  
I wonder when the stores will find their bi-yearly restock of dual zips and sneakers from Simone doesn't move anymore. The markets gotta be pretty saturated at this point. What happened to his early seasons variety? 
Super cheap pair of m.a+ one piece derbies on the bay at under $400:     http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-A-Maurizio-Amadei-carpe-diem-harnden-black-shoes-44-/181834926052   I'd buy them myself, but I'm flat broke.