or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

For many years had six pair of dress ahoes amd would wear each less than one day pwr woek week. Theae were hard wotking yeara and many of these days the shoes would see only carpet because I bicycled to and from work and the only hard use was walking a few blocks to work obligations and business events.In addition, these are great shies. The other four shoes were two more pair of Aldens, and the other two were call skin church shirtwings and AE medallion tip monks. The...
+1   Straight tips - color 8 and black cordovan - were my first Alden bought more than 20 years ago.  They both have been resoled twice and reheeled many times and fit and look fantastic.  they are my first choice for business wear. 
I have not had the experience that my lwb fit differently than other barrie-lasted shoes.  Some have said that barrie-lasted boots fit them differently than barrie-lasted shoes.  That has not been my experience either.   I have suede and cordovan barrie lasted shoes and suede and cordovan barrie lasted boots.  They do not all fit identically out of the box.  But the differences have been so marginal as to not, in my view, be worth noteworthy and, after a few wears, I...
i would love this in tan or snuff suede but I can't wear simpson. Too narrow. quote name="Beatlegeuse" url="/t/241469/carmina-shoe-p0rn/5310#post_6483568"]Anyone interested in jumping on a Simpson last group MTO? I have an idea based on a pair of Tom Ford shoes I saw a pic of recently. It would have punching along the vamp and quarters as shown in this...
As I wrote before, I have the nfb on the plaza last in colored 8 and I agree with you it is a great looking shoe. I did tbnk it looks bettterc than the Aberdeen last version, but I have some nfb in that last and love them. Alzso some, like citishoes and leather sole havye nfb on Barrie last. Plenty of toeroom there. Eitherr the nfbv or lwb is great shoe.. lab are all over the place. Plaza nfb more unique. te name="sammy"...
I don't think the questioner is talking about the Gilbert Mc boots. He is talking about the Nf bluchers with a single leather sole.
This is the unlined ptb, correct?They are almost certainly shiemart seconds and, if so, the bin price is about the same as shiemart charges.
This is largely a matter if taste. The nft is a great and unusual shoe and shows the art of shoemaking with the handstitching. J gilbert's version on the plaza last, I think, makes a great shoe even better. I also think it makes the shoe look a little more dressy than the standard Alden version on the Aberdeen last. You are aware that the standard version is double leather sole? If that is important to you, consider getting that rather than spending the additional...
Those are calf skin, right?  If so, shine with polish and they will go away.  Also, with time they will go away.  Finally, and I do not mean at all to be unkind or unfeeling, but they are shoes on the ground.  They are not meant to be perfect and are part of the patina that make shoes look great. 
Just read the GQ list - unfortunately, after I wrote this note.  Those light brown shoes are over $2,000!  They do look great, but, of course, they damn well should!