or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

Citishoes in NYC has whiskey and cigar NST's.  Alden of Carmel has Color 8 shortwings on commando soles.  The Alden stores -- San Fran, NYC and DC -- as well as Shoemart and, really, any Alden dealer should have, or have access to drop ship to you, Color 8 tassels.     Suggestion:  If you want one pair of shoes for more formal dress, I would suggest the shortwing or NST over the tassels.  Tassels are great, but of the three styles you mention, tassels are the least...
Mac may know Aldens, but I don't think he gives very good advice about weight loss.  15 pounds in three weeks - 5 pounds per week - is difficult.  If it is possible, it is a recipe for it coming right back on if you go back to fried foods, fast food and red meat when you meet your goal.  Professionals would tell you what you obviously already know - eat better foods on a consistent basis and exercise regularly.  You may have to take 6-7 weeks -- and slightly delay the...
I apologize.  Am I correct in saying that the picture of the suede tassel loafer, black shell balmoral captoe and the ruby PTB of a few days ago are special orders that have already closed and are no longer available to join?   If so, are there any plans for that suede tassel loafer coming back around?  Can one order place individual orders, such as that tassel loafer on a Forest last with a wide fitting?   Also, if I take a wide fitting in boot on the Forest last (which...
I hear you.  One would think that retailers know their market better than anyone else.  And the practice of focusing on "D" width almost exclusively (the "typical" or "standard" width - "F" in British shoes from what I understand) is widespread.  Most brick and mortar retailers in my town -- a large American one -- stock very few styles in "e" widths.  Almost all of the retailers with signficant Alden make-up business rarely offer their make-ups in wider widths than "D"....
Cant this tassel be on a wider last?
Cant this tassel be on a wider last?
Stop whining. Some of us could not plaza because a certain retailer did not order "e" sizes. enjoy and enjoy the goldfish and lwb's I am sure you will find a way to swing.
I always found these to be a very curious turn in the market -- at least, that is what I assumed it to be.  Not for me then, or now.  
I remember when these were available and I recall not ordering because I was not a saddle shoe guy - reminded of unpleasant memories of childhood when, for a few years, I had to wear either saddle shoes due to orthotic needs.  Age has dulled the resonance, my taste has evolved to greatly liking NST's, and I now greatly wish I had gotten these and a host of the other make-ups AOC offered.  I got a number, but not as many as I would like now.  Live and learn and change....