or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

There has been a tremendous and comprehensive back and forth about this, and recently too.  Please use the search function and you will find what there is to find.     I will summarize as best I can, but my knowledge  is thoroughly second-hand:  reading the same posts you can read, so my apologies if my summary is off.  It appears to be hit and miss:  when people order from Carmina, sometimes people are charged, sometimes not.  There appears to be no predictability to...
The retailers are frustrated with alden's lack if responsiveness. It Is obvious it is not only frustrating but hurts their business.By the way, as to Leffot, otherwise is always a limited window with preorders to specify special sizes. I do not know if there are limits to that, but one should definitely ask.
And there you have it.  
No.  It is all over the map.   Some go down 1/2 size.  I fall into this category.   Some say they go TTS because a boot on a barrie last feels smaller than a shoe on the barrie last.   Some say they go down 1/2 size and go down one width; some say they TTS but go down one width.     Personally, I have not had the experience that the barrie last feels different in different uses.  I have had the experience that the material of the shoe - cordovan, calf, suede -- can feel...
That's outstanding.  i have the same shoe, and they have been looking scuffed and tired.  Now I know what I am doing.  Thanks for the idea.
OK.  I have to ask:  what is this business about calling Mac "Uncle" and him calling everyone else "nephew?"  I hope someone will please explain this to me.  I love Alden shoes, but this convention on an internet site is . . . , well, unusual.       The unsualness factor recently increased when some guy began calling himself "grandpa" and calling Mac "Grandson" even though Mac plainly has not been a grandson for many a moon.     Please explain.
Try alden on Madison Ave. in new York.  
Moulded Shoe posted this shot from archives on its tumblr feed.
I reread my post and it was unduly harsh.  I apologize for that.  It was unnecessary.  For reasons I won't go into the post touched a nerve, but that does not matter.  Again, my apologies.
Loden alt wein:  I would strongly prefer double leather sole.   I am all in for chocolate lizard double monk with brass hardware on inca last.   I am all in for navy shell ptb on rain last.   Would love to get the ruby jumper -- that jumper in saddle is outstanding looking.  We will have to see if I can swing that one too.     Great line-up of make-ups!