or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

Here in flyover land, 50 degrees F is when you put on a sweater or sweatshirt to ward off the chill while still wearing shorts. But, of course,  50 degrees is a distant memory now.   And this post is really inconsiderate now that here we are only beginning the four-five-month slog known as snot-pouring-then-freezing-on-your-upper-left-as-you-walk-from-the-train-to-work season.  You really should not be "killing" to be part of this, but counting your blessings that you live...
Did this today.  Looked great.
Rain is not a wide fitting last at all. It is a medium-fitting last. Rain is offered in a wide fitting and even the wide fitting barely, just barely, gets to "e" (US width sizing) territory.
These are great-looking make-ups.  
If you are really interested, you should call Leffot and ask if they can add you to the order.  They may say no, but that is the worse that can happen, and I think it is highly likely they will be able to accommodate you.
Fair enough.  Maybe another PTB make-up.     I would be interested in the chukka in saddle shell with the broguing as well, but not in cognac.  But, obviously, understand if the volume to get it mad goes in another direction.  
I had expressed interest in the plain toe blucher.  I will participate with saddle shell and double leather sole.  I am sure the cognac will look great, but I do not have a need for the shoe in cognac.
I wore this look - light grey slacks and whiskey cordovan longwings (minus the watch) -- yesterday, onTuesday.  Wearing a dark suit today for client business so it is Black Cordovan Perforated Captoe Balmoral Wednesday for me today.     More generally, however, it is Whiskey Weekend in the middle of the week!
That sure is a great-looking shoe.  
In this order:  (1) Captoe bluchers; (2) perforated captoe balmorals or (3) short wingtip balmorals.   Personally, I would opt for the NSTs because I love the NSTs.  I recognize, however, that given the restriction of  one pair of color 8 cordovans, the NSTs are an idiosyncratic choice for suits.   Most would think (and most would likely be right) that the other three choices above would have more versatility along the range of clothes you specify than NSTs.