or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

I hate myself for this, but I would be in for joining a group-made-to-order for the Adelaide in Scary Spice Suede (my favorite spice girl by far; David Beckam got the runt of the litter, looks wise even if she appears to be pretty shrewd), but only on the rain or forest lasts. That is, I will join if the cognescenti will tell me that scary spice suede will go with dark Greys and charcoal as well as tans. Would it hang with corduroy texture-wise? How absolutely damn...
Precisely. And precisely my experience. Rain regular fitting is too narrow for those needing the equivalent of an American "E" width. Any other suggestion is just simply misleading, bad information.
Wrong.  I wear an American E.  Not EE, but E.  I cannot wear rain-lasted shoes without getting its wide fitting.  Rain in its regular fitting is plainly too narrow.   Rain is definitely not as narrow as simpson.  But it is simply wrongheaded -- bad information -- to say it will work for those needing an American "E" width.  The writer who said rain in its regular fitting is medium is accurate.  
I am telling you, the brass eyelets contrasting with the black shell is a winner.  That is the difference between these boots and the naval boots. Actually, I think a more important reason for the run on this plain toe boot is the (perceived?  real?  real/manufactured?) scarcity of shell.  I think buyers are believing they have to nap up shell special order offerings, particularly when they look sharp.
I agree.  Those NST's do not look narrow enough to be Aberdeen.  They look like they are on the barrie last.  The NSTs Citishoes sells (or used to sell) in the more rare cordovan colors were all on barrie last.
i really like the look of this boot - the brass eyelets really look distinctive on this and they do on the Leffot brown cxl plain toe boot.  And I think the crepe sole is very comfortable.   But I will probably not get this boot because it has crepe, not commando, soles.  Where I live, it is too hot for boots in the Summer and the Winters are long, snowy and icy.  Alden's crepe soles are, at best, useless in the snow and ice and, at worst, downright treacherous....
Cool out.
+ 1 And even though I have a hard time accepting the idea of putting my feet in someone else's shoes, I would have been seriously tempted to buy those if they had been in my size.   An even better idea is bothering Alden of Carmel so much that he works with Alden to resurrect that Fan shoe.
I have these.  The color in real life typically appears a bit darker than that picture.  That picture looks to have a bit of brightening by flash.  The color in real life is darker than that picture slightly, but not as dark as chocolate suede or the dark brown suede of the suede NST in Alden's standard line.