or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

I cannot answer the question as to the marlow. Barrie is Alden's second fullest and widest last. It is so roomy that most people take 1/2 smaller size in shoes or boots on the barrie last than the brannon device identifies as their proper shoe size. For example, my brannon size is 7.5 e. I wear a 7E in barrie - lasted shoes. The barrie is so full I can also very comfortably wear a 7.5d in barrie lasted shoes.Aberdeen is Alden's most narrow last. Barrie is full in the...
Being always on the lookout for cordovan plain toe bluchers that are more dressy to wear with suits, I called Harrisons in the hopes that, even though I need a 7.5E which a store is unlikely to order for a specialty run, I might be pleasantly surprised with a decision to make. Unfortunately, typical retailer logic prevailed and the store ordered no small, wide shoes. The proprietor even laughed when I told him small, club - footed men bought nice shoes too. But...
Me 3.
Those spectator boots are really sharp-looking.
That is one sweet, good-looking bowser. How can you possibly say "no" to him for anything!
I bought this NST model new many moons ago from Alden-of -Carmel.  They were billed as being made of bison leather.  Alden-of-Carmel offered them in brown or black bison leather.  I only bought the brown and still wear them frequently today.  Have had the soles replaced twice now.  I always wish I had gotten the shoe in black too so I would have had a great-looking pair of black shoes to wear with business casual.  
You should do what you want.
Whatever your experience, the poster to whom I was responding cannot use the website's ordering system.  That was the point of his inquiry.  I guess he could email, as opposed to speak to someone, but the you know you will get the canned policy that way.  You might get the canned policy by a more personal touch as well, but my experience is otherwise.  You give a call, the worse that can happen is you don't get what you want.  The best is you do.   
Now the equation is $3k for someone else's stank-ass feeted shoes v. two (maybe 1 1/2 depending on the high end shoe maker) pair of EG, etc. shoes made to fit your feet and designed to look how you want them.