or Connect

Posts by aldenwear

Absofuckin'lutely
So . . . .How did it go?
not positive, but think the wide fitting is available only through I made to order.
Don't get your panties in a wringer and take off your grassy knoll conspiracy theory hat. As those who matter know, and as a number of retailer threads here will reflect, I own a number of pair of Carmina shoes and boots (as well as Edward Green and Alden). I have a great deal of personal experience with Carmina shoes and boots, and have paid for that experience. I also like their product very much.
Good lord.I thought I clearly expressed matters of taste are just that and I expressed mine. Who knows what the majority view is on the rainlast. I don't amd I am pretty confident you don't eithet. I am even more confident, however, that it really does not matter what the majority view is or is not. It sure doesn't matter to me. I have my preferences, and sure don't begrudge others their prefernces.
Carmina offers a wide width option on the rain and forest lasts. In the regular width option, rain is supposed to be a bit wider than forest, but both, in the regular width options, are an average width.As Roger notes, the rain last has a aquarist toe and forest has a rounded toe. Which one prefers is a matter of taste. I think rain echoes the worst of the square - toed clod hoppers, at its best, evokes gaucho shoes. While okay with boots, I think shoes on the rain last...
I would go for this if this last will allow the equivalent of an American "e" width, which I neef.
J. Gilbert has black and brown calf NST boots.
As one who is working on light blue boots and blue/grey and navy/white spectattors, I so go grey! Seriously, whether you go grey or black, the boots you are considering look great and I hope you get and enjoy them - whether you are on the ramparts or the boardroom.
Kind of funny to see all of this talk about "fuck you' boots that cost high-three figures to mid-four figures.  Anyone who can spend that much on one pair of showy shoes is definitely part of The Man.  The buyer is not saying "fuck you" to anyone.  He is saying "I want to look stylish, and I am such a big-balled success that I just dropped $1,000 large (or more) on a completely non-essential, pure luxury item."    I am all for these shoes as much as the next Style Forum...